“Pictures alone don't do justice...you need to stay in to believe it!!!!”
Review of Centrotel Hotel

Centrotel Hotel
Ranked #21 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my second time staying at this hotel and the experience this time was just the same GREAT!!!!!!. I arrived with my son on July 16th 2023 and we stay for three days and came back in our way out for two more nights. This hotel is an ideal base for visiting adjacent areas in Greece. The location is great as you can find within walking distance the metro stations that will take you just about any place you need/want to go. I wouldn't stay in any other hotel in Athens. From the moment you walk in you can feel welcome. The reception staff is very polite and helpful, Petros in particular is so sweet. I never needed a map to get around. He help me and answered any questions I had. He was very patient and always with a smile
The rooms are VERY clean, the beds are very comfortable, same as the bathrooms they are IMMACULATE and contrary to other hotels that have specific times to clean the rooms or otherwise your room doesn't get clean, here they make your room when you want. This hotel really provides the BEST costumer service, also, the only hotel I have stayed in that will offer breakfast any time of the day. Most hotels have specific times for the guest to eat breakfast and if you missed you don't eat!. In my opinion, this is a great plus as many times as a tourist, I love to sleep in after a long day of walking or sightseeing. It was refreshing not having to set up a wake up call just to eat. While on vacation, I don't want to worry about schedules, specially someone else's.
if you need to do some laundry as is the case when you travel light, the hotel does your laundry for an affordable price and your clothes are neatly done and they smell good too. I don't have enough adjectives to describe this hotel except.......GREAT GREAT AND GREAT!!!!!!.........say hello to Petros :)

I had such a great staBecause my experience last year was so great cameback agi

Room Tip: In both of my stays I have had the same positive experience with my room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gloria H
There are newer reviews for Centrotel Hotel

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

It sounds an exaggeration but I am in the hotel right now, writing this review.

I am a regular business traveler in England use 5-stars as often as my home and I can say you'd have to pay 5 star price for such super clean room, comfortable but not lux furniture, massage bath with very good hot water system (powerful and stable), Free wifi. Cleaners have been careful in details.

Reception is fast, friendly and helpful. I have not tried other services such as laundry etc

Only downside is hotel landline isn't seem to be attended? Or maybe I am dualling something wrong from overseas?

Remember, you are paying 60ish euro for a great 5 star hardware and software

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Zijia_Xu
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel is an oasis in a rather “tired” looking area. We had a spotless, spacious room with fridge and great bathroom. The reception staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It is very conveniently situated, 10 minutes from Larissa Station and Metro, with an amazing bakery on the way!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChristelSouthAfrica
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Centrotel Hotel cannot be faulted. It is well located,extremely comfortable and the reception staff are delightful. Some reviewers have made comment on the area and it is fair to say the area has a very tired look about it. However, I felt safe and there are plenty of restaurants nearby so don't be put off by this aspect. The metro system is easy to negotiate and provides a very reliable service. The quality of the rooms is extremely high,there is ample room and the bathroom is luxurious. This is a high quality hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Aussietraveller5609
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is great! Super friendly and helpful staff, very nice and clean amenities, and excellent location for getting around on the metro (which is definitely the way to go). And as so many other reviewers have noted, the bathroom is pretty nice - we definitely ooh'd and aah'd when we first saw it. The only complaint I had is that the beds are pretty hard, but after a full day of touring we were so tired it didn't really matter.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were on a Mediterranean trip in the mid of June and the times spent in Athens we stayed in Centrotel Hotel and I can say we loved our stay!! The room was quite large for the 2 of us and enjoyed the breakfast a lot!!!
The staff is amazing and always smiley and very helpful in everything we needed!
Surely recommended hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArthurHami
Reviewed July 14, 2013

very central position, excellent service, 15 minutes to Akropolis.
I can suggest to my friends.
Just one thing: be carefull with the heigth of your car if you want to park in the internal parking. I had a 9 seats van and it was no way to enter in the parking (the roof is not too tall...)
Giovanni