“Good job!!”

Dialogue in the Dark
Ranked #14 of 38 Concerts & Shows in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Leave the world of sight for an experience of a lifetime.Dialogue in the Dark is a guided tour through your familiar surroundings in the city of Athens without leaving the sense of security of the theater installation. By eliminating the use of sight, everyday situations become completely new experiences. As the visit proceeds, personal involvement and interaction between the members of a group and their guide develop into a close bond of friendship and understanding culminating in a light discussion of the experience in a social setting.A visually impaired guide serves as an ambassador to introduce visitors to a world of perceiving through other senses and discovery of each individual’s hidden potential by leading you through the most amazingtour of the senses we tend to forget we posses in our visual world.Tours are available in English upon request when making your reservation.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Thessaloniki, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good job!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I suggest that everybody visits it!!! It' s a great experience not only for children , but for adults as well!!!
Congratulations to the people who work there!! Good job everyone!

Visited March 2014
4 Thank 29Visitor

• Greek first
Paphos, Cyprus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Dialogue In The Dark is a unique experience, which allows you to venture and explore around the city of Athens using all other senses apart from sight. We could hear, touch feel or smell, and value the beauty of the city in a different way. It’s an amazing experience you'll never forget. Don’t miss it

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Jane S
Athens, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A different view of the city!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I visited Dialogue in the Dark a few weeks ago and it was an incredible experience. It is a unique exibition, hosted at Badminton Theater, where visitors get a tour of Athens in complete darkness (Yes, You won't be able to see anything). Assisted by a visually impaired guide, You will feel very familiar right from the start. You will get around with ease and have a lot of fan. Dialogue in the Dark, aims to raise public awareness on vision impairment but it also, offers a different approach on entainterment. It is accessible for everyone, including people with disabilities, pregnant women and the ederly. The tour is offered in many languages. Guide-dogs are welcome.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank spiritschaser
Athens, Greece
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“An Incredible Experience”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you are in Athens DO NOT MISS DIALOGUE IN THE DARK. I could not have anticipated the incredible experience of my walk in complete darkness despite the amazing things I have heard about this world famous project. It was an unparalleled opportunity to close my sight to open my mind and other senses to the people and the world around me. Although we were inside an exhibition hall, we were taken through the city streets and parks of Athens. The replication of sound, touch and smell were so strong I kept reminding myself that I was not actually outside in the city. My groups guide was a blind Greek man fluent in English guiding us through his world of darkness with such lighthearted fun that what I had feared would be a somber experience was truly delightful, invigorating, exciting, heartwarming, mind opening – a time I will never forget. I urge anyone who may have doubts to give it a try. It is amazing!

Visited February 2014