“verry nice”
Review of Brazil Hotel

Brazil Hotel
Ranked #100 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed November 19, 2012

i was there last summer and we enjoied the stay with our friends and the familly the stuff very helpful they come out of there way to help and the hotel is clean and tidy we had a very nice room with a large bathroom the mini bar was usefull
hope we get chance to visit it again
thaaaanks every 1 for making our holliday the best xx

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank dave b

Reviewed October 22, 2009

Hello,
My name is Janina J /Angelica/ I am From Toronto. I stayed in Brazil Hotel 7 nights on July. I was an extremely happy, Very clean . An extremely friendly service. Also such quiet- I felt like at my home- like a family-- very safe. I strongly recommended this lovely hotel. If I go to Athens again- 100% i go there again. Thank you for an excellent service.

I send to everyone who work there my best wishes. sloneczko55@gmail.com
Thank you. Love you.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We found the hotel clean and basic but have to complain about the rude managers - first we were shouted at for talking in the lobby and then I was harrassed about having my friends who stayed the previous night still spent some time in my room the next day - a room for which I have paid. The management should brush up on friendliness and public relations. Unfortunately I cannot advise any one to stay here because of their rude attitude.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank dekoker
Reviewed September 25, 2007

This is no more than a budget hotel and although accessible it is a little too far from the centre for a short holiday stay. Mine host was very friendly and quite helpful and English spoken. The lighting system in the room was not easy to read by. We had breakfast in the local square, 3 minutes walk away, where there is a metro station. Our room at the back of the hotel (fairly quiet) had a dusty balcony and overlooked a dusty enclosure of a garden. But the hotel was clean and has a lift and air conditioning of sorts – and so it is really just a place to put one’s head down.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Granville_London
Reviewed September 23, 2007

My wife and I booked the hotel partly because it was affordable, and partly because of the ok to positive reviews of Brazil Hotel.
We regretted our stay. The condition of the room was disappointing - when we turned on the "uv" purple lighting, dubious stains on the bedsheet and pillowcases showed up!! Yucks!!! Definitely not the kind of place you would want to bring your spouse or partner to ... The reception was definitely not helpful - I waited a long time to check in, clean towels were not given (we had to ask). When we said we needed to checkout very early the next morning, guess what, the reception said we will miss breakfast then.

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank IslandTrotter
Reviewed June 16, 2007

We were very satisfied with our stay at the Brazil Hotel in Athens, Greece. Our room was large, exceptionally clean and had an excellent up-to-date bathroom, including a 2 person Jacuzzi. Our room had a very comfortable bed, nice furniture, special effects lighting, a sound system and a good size television with remote. The hotel is a family run business and the owners and staff were especially courteous, professional, attentive, friendly, helpful and pleasant in their dealings with us. They accommodated us by speaking English and were a delight to get to know.
The breakfast in the morning, which was included in the price of the room, had good variety, was very substantial, tasted good, had fresh breads and pastries, meats, cheeses, cereals, juices, eggs, fresh brewed coffee, tea and milk, etc. The hotel also has a small bar.
Our room was quiet and secure. There were not individual room safes, but we were allowed to put our valuables in the office safe if we wanted to.
The hotel is located within easy walking distance to the National Archaeological Museum. We personally liked the location, though people who want their hotel to be right in the heart of the old town, might have a different opinion. To us the advantage of the location of the Brazil Hotel was it was a 5 minute walk, mostly on a pedestrian street, to the Victoria Station of the metro. From there, the whole city was only a few minutes away via the metro. We found it very convenient. The tickets were inexpensive and the metro is 1st rate and easy to use. I was recovering from the after-effects of a broken ankle at the time and appreciated being able to get to all the main sights of Athens with ease. The street the hotel is on, is a narrow street without a great deal of traffic. Victoria metro station is located on Victoria Square, which is a small park surrounded by cafes, restaurants and shops. The park gets a fair amount of use with locals meeting and talking, etc and tourists walking about but we saw nothing rowdy or troublesome. The owners of the hotel said it was a safe area and we found nothing to counter this in our four nights there. We felt perfectly safe walking around at ten or eleven o'clock at night, after eating at the restaurants.
I will add that just like the rest of Athens, there is some graffiti (or graphics, as they are sometimes called). The graffiti is not gang related, rather just the work of people who apparently like doing it.
Compared to the other hotels we reviewed and priced in Athens, I would say we received very good value for our money at the Brazil Hotel. We had no complaints and the hotel lived up to its claims. We commented while we were there that it was definitely one of the cleanest rooms we'd ever had, anywhere. There is no elevator but the owner helped us carry our luggage upstairs. We think there is at least one Jacuzzi room on the ground floor if one couldn't manage the stairs. We would recommend the Brazil Hotel without hesitation. It enhanced our enjoyment of Athens and made a pleasant place for us to come back to after hours of sightseeing.

4  Thank 567travelingnow
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We spent our first night in Greece at Hotel Brazil. I was travelling with my 14 year old daughter and neither of us had ever been to Europe. It was a bit hard to find due to confusion with the street names. We took the metro from the airport to Victoria Station, got off and walked through the square but our directions said Fillis St...it was written Fyllis St. on the sign. Anyway, it is not is the most touristy part of town but we felt quite safe.
There was an internet place just around the corner where you can get an hour of time for 2 Euros.
In Victoria Square, there are some restaurants and lots of local folks hanging out at the end of their days.
The best part....the hotel owner and his family. Louis was so very kind to us and we met much of the family. Those we did not meet, we saw photos of! We were so happy there that we abandoned our original plan of staying on the Plaka at the end of of our trip and instead, went back for 2 more nights. They put us up in a nicer room than the first and gave us a better rate. It was very easy to get around the city by metro from there and we just bought an all day ticket which allowed us unlimited use for 24 hours.
The rooms were spacious and completely updated with lovely bathroom fixtures and lighting. The only trouble was there was basically too much water pressure to keep up with Athens' old drains so be careful or your room will be wet!
We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family