“Great value for a budget hotel”
Review of Omiros Hotel

Omiros Hotel
Ranked #94 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We only stayed at this hotel for less than 24 hours because we had to catch the 4:25 am bus to the airport. So my rating is based on the short time we stayed at Omiros Hotel, and based on its class and value for our money.

First, we had trouble finding the hotel when we got off the X95 bus. I was using Google Maps and I guess it wasn't very accurate. Some nice elderly man walked us to our hotel.

The guy at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. He tried to find a twin room for us but none were available. It wasn't a big deal for us. He quickly checked us in and explained the procedures for check-out, etc.

The hotel had a cute little elevator that was hidden behind a wooden door. When I saw it I thought it was so cute, but I felt a bit claustrophobic once the door closed. Oh No! Where are we going??

I knew the hotel was basic and clean and based on reviews by other travellers, they were happy with where they stayed. So I didn't have any expectations other than what was reviewed.

We entered room 408 and was happy to report the reviews and expectations are accurate. Clean basic room. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice sized and clean and worked well. The washroom was way better than the hotel in Santorini and in Naxos!

The room was nice and dry and didn't have the musty smell. Our window balcony looked into the next building beside us, so we couldn't open the curtains.

Because we were in the heart of the tourist area, it was a bit loud at night. It didn't bother us and we quite enjoyed it (hey, we are from Toronto!).

We were in heaven when we also saw all the sushi and Korean restaurants so close to our hotel! We had sushi for lunch and dinner!

We had a good nap/sleep before checkout

Checking out was smooth and easy, no hassles. We didn't get to try breakfast because we had to leave so early. That's why I also gave four stars (because we didn't get to try breakfast to rate it).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. It's not a flash hotel, but has all that you need at a realistic cost! Great location with just about everything within walking distance. The breakfast is mediocre but puts food in your tummy for the start of the day. The bed is amazingly comfortable, so after a hard day pounding the streets of this great city, falling into a comfortable bed late at night is a great asset to this hotel! Staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful. If you want great coffee, head up the road, in the direction to Syntagma Square, on the corner of Apollonos & Voulis is a great Cafe - Flou Cafe. He makes the best frappe in Athens!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I attended a conference at Athens and stayed at Omiros in 12-15 May. The hotel is very close to Syntagma Square, like 5 min walk. The street of the hotel seems to be safe at night. There was not any crowd down the street. It is a clean hotel and the staff is very nice, they even helped me for free when I needed to print out some papers. If you are smoking, choose a room with a balcony.
The only little tiny problem was breakfast wasn't very satisfying but this might be confronted in every hotel at that price. So in brief, I liked the hotel and I would suggest anyone to choose this hotel if you go to Athens.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed here on the recommendations of an online booking company. Most if the reviews were spot on.

Location, location, location ... At a very good price. The hotel staff are very helpful. The gave me many good recommendations for restaurants and bars. The rooms are very clean, and there was no concern with the bill.

If you seek honest, clean, convenient, affordable accommodation in Athens, look no further.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently situated - close to Syntagma Square (good metro links for airport and orhers). It is right near the Plaka area, famous for shops, leading to the Acropolis. All within easy walking distance of the hotel - syntagma +-5 mins, Acropolis +-15 mins. The owner and staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast is basic and self- service, limited choice on offer but fresh.
Hotel organised my taxi to the ferry port of Rafina - cost €40, well worth it.
Staff provided maps and gave directions, most helpful. Recommended as a no-frills base for exploring a fascinating city.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I've only stayed here for 3 days and my dad booked a quad room, its only 1 room & a square of a shower toilet and tiny sink, no kitchen, just 1 room. I do not reccomend this hotel to anyone at all. . The staff are terrible to me and i am only 8 years old, they tell me to shush when my sister and i try to walk/jump down the stairst as quietly as possibly! When we want to eat breakfast, my father asked the staff for brown bread because there was only white bread and the woman said in a really REALLY rude way, "no." Not even looking my father in the eyes! My dad made a complaint to the manager nothing happened, to the receptionist nothing happened. . DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL, THE EXPERIANCE IS VERY STUPID, IDIOTIC AND UNLIKELY TO HAPPEN AT ANY OTHER HOTEL, SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED AND IF YOU THINK THIS HOTEL IS GOOD, YOUR WIERD!! (I diden't mean the last on, hehe ☺️) WARNING. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Higher floors are dangerous for little children like my 2 year old sister.