“Great stay, great service!”

O&B Athens Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time staying in this hotel. The service staff were very friendly and tried their best to cater to our needs.

We stayed in a junior suite room which has a nice balcony and a nice view of the acropolis with the parthenon lit up at night.

Just a personal preference, is to improve their choices for breakfast.
But all in all, it was a great experience staying in this hotel.

Kudos to all the staff, giving a warm and comfortable stay for all guests!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shinobi007
Write a ReviewReviews (2,010)

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I like small tasteful boutique hotels. O&B (Ochre and Brown) is such a hotel.

The room was clean and well appointed.. and a welcome drink along with some olives, feta etc.. was served after our arrival, a nice touch.

All the staff were friendly and attentive. The serving staff were brilliant, and the concierge also helped organise many things for us. From airport transfers, to a trip outside athens to Cape Sounio (recommended), to restaurant recommendations. And communication (Via Email) was very swift, often you can email a hotel and have to wait a day to get a reply, not the case at O&B.

Additionally I actually unfortunately left my car keys in the room on my departure.. I had just taken off.. when I realised. The experience could have been much worse if it were not for the staff at O&B. On landing I immediately emailed the hotel to see if they had found my keys, by the time I had hit immigration, I already had a reply informing me that they had found my keys, and offering to mail them to me. Which they did as promised.

The greatest feature of the hotel however is its location. Couldn't be better placed.. its at the heart of everything you want to see in a short Athens stay. Walking distance from the Acropolis sites and everything else. Plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. Its what you want for a city break, to not have to take a taxi, train or bus once you arrive. Everything to be walkable.

All in all, a perfect Athens stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZallyZally
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed for one night end of March. We stayed at the executive suit. View is remarkable ( The Parthenon) and the hotel is walking distance from the Acropolis as well as from the lively restaurant area. It is safe to walk at night. Room was spacious , comfortable and clean. The hotel staff is very nice . Breakfast buffet not extensive or very rich but everything that was served was fresh and very good. They made us great omelets and overall a very good breakfast. We will certainly come back here next time we are in Athens. It was a very good and enjoyable experience for us.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tamar1_31
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This hotel is amazing, I cannot find anything to fault it, wonderful staff, facilities, cleanliness second to none. Even if I had hated Athens (which I don't) I would still go back just to stay at O&B!!! Please remember this is still one of the safest, friendliest cities in the world, with people just trying to carry on earning a living in the way they always have.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lorraine B
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is a gorgeous little hotel- highly recommended. Hidden away down a back street it stands out as different to its surroundings. Stylish and lush, it is a very short walk from the main street (Ermou St) into Monastiraki and all the sights, but is also quiet with none of the hustle and bustle of the main centre. The rooms are finished to a high standard, bathroom is gorgeous with modern fixtures and fittings and poweful shower!! Tv and wireless internet etc available too. Staff are very friendly and helpful equipping us with a map on our arrival which definately was worth its weight in gold. Great choice at breakfast of cereals, fruits, yoghurts, meats and cheeses, croissants and your choice of eggs - excellent!

This is without doubt my best holiday hotel find...ever!! And great value too!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ForensicNat
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Honestly, this hotel can't be beat! A boutique hotel in the heart of the city, close to everything and anything! The flea market is just across the street, yet far enough that the hotel is NOT noisy at all. There are countless restaurants nearby so the only concern will be which restaurant to eat at, not where to eat at.

The hotel was exceptionally clean, and it had the freshly clean smell the entire time we stayed! The room was a little tight, but I think that goes with all Athens hotel in the core. The washroom is quite contemporary and practical - really liked it. If I absolutely had to write one complaint about the hotel, it would be the breakfast. The hotel had amazing bread, but no toaster - weird. And the selection can be expanded too, I fell slightly limited!

Now on to what makes O&B stand out even more after all my praises... drum roll please... the STAFF! They unequivocally have one the best hotel staff in the world, from the retaurant, to the bar to the front desk. My two personal favorites that deserve mention here is Vlasis and Nefeli. They were the perfect combination of knowledge, sense of humor, professionalism and an absolute joy to see first thing in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2012

A charming hotel. Although it feels strange calling O&B a hotel. It feels more like you're staying at a friends house. I had my doubts before I arrived. O&B is most definitely "centrally located." As we were walking to the hotel from the train, you realize that centrally located can also mean right in the middle of insanity. Before arriving, as I walked the 12 blocks or so from the train, I started to wonder if I'd made a mistake. But, from the minute you walk through the door, you realize that you can't judge a book, based on the other books surrounding it. Let me start with the positives:

1. Amazing staff. Friendly, helpful and they genuinely listen. The listen part makes a big difference. When you ask for a recommendation they don't blindly offer one, they ask you what you're looking for and tailor recommendations accordingly.

2. It is centrally located to some all the important things. It's a nice 15 minute walk to the Acropolis, 5 minutes to the shopping of Ermou, 15 minutes the newer/more modern area, 5 minutes from the train and the list goes on and on. I can't understate how awesome this was.

3. Being more of a boutique hotel or a bed and breakfast, you won't be contending with 100s of other guests. More like 30.

4. The rooms were nice, though lacking in closet space. Don't expect to take everything out of your bag at once. The shower pressure was phenomenal and really woke you up.

5. The price per night was reasonable. Not a steal. Not overpriced. Very appropriate.

That said here are a few things that weren't as amazing as I'd hoped:

1. The complimentary breakfast was ok at best. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to know breakfast would always be there, but I think they'd offer a better experience and at very little cost difference if the "hot" food were made to order. The eggs were well even worse than usual hotel eggs that have been sitting out. The fresh fruit, coffee and breads were very good, however. In short, this is a continental breakfast, at best.

2. There's no iron or ironing board in the room, "for safety reasons." They solve for this by ironing your clothes for you. This is clunky and time consuming.

It's really a short list on areas for improvement, but you should know the full story if you're going to stay.

We had a great time in Athens and O&B was a major part of it.

• Stayed: February 2012