“Superb”

Ranked #10 of 52 Bakeries in Athens
Neighborhood: Omonia
Neighborhood: Omonia
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

The choice and spoilt for quality, great stop for elevens’s on the way to the archeological museum and for lunch on the way back. Cakes are wonderful, sandwiches are wonderful their pies are wonderful
I think you get the drift

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and stop by. This cafe houses some of the most amazing cakes, breads and assortment of sweets.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We really liked this bakery. They offer all kinds of sandwiches, cake and very good coffee. You can sit on the terrace as well. Beautiful building. À good place to have lunch. A must.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this shop in the morning as I was looking for gelato. The takeaway gelato goes by weight and the 2 of us had 5 scoops for less than €6!

We also noticed the amazing selection of bread, sweets and sandwiches on display and decided to come back later for lunch.

We came back at around 3:30pm and the shop was still quite busy (always a good sign). The moussaka special was huge but I demolished it cos it was that good (even better than mine and I don't say this very often). Hubby was happy with his pizza special.. All up including a Greek salad was €25.

Since there's no room left for desserts, we decided to do takeaway. The lady at the dessert bar was very patient and helpful - making a decision out of hundreds of products (see below pic of half of the dessert bar) isn't exactly easy, as you can imagine.

And I'm glad we decided to try the desserts, the strawberry tart and the profiterole (the choc tart looking cake, not your french version) were amazing and not sugary like the traditional Greek sweets - perfect for those who love not overly sweet desserts!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018

Veneti (or Beneth, as you'll also see listed), is one of the places with more options to eat that I've ever seen. You have a variety of sweet and salted dishes, but the highlight of my lunch there, was the double greek coffee. If you're a coffee maniac like me, please, make yourself a favor and don't hesitate asking for it!

Date of visit: May 2018