“Perfect for the price”
Review of Hotel Neos Olympos

Hotel Neos Olympos
Ranked #196 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We paid 11€/night per person (because of the crisis), which is incredibly cheap in summer season.
Hotel is charming, rooms are clean, bed comfortable, air conditioning is working as described.
Internet is fine, with 2 computers + wifi available.
There is a breakfast, but don't expect much.
The metro station is near.
The area is not busy but it's the same in 90% on Athens.
There is a supermarket quite close to the hotel, and supermarkets are sooo rare in this city !
To sum up, you can't find any better hotel at this rate.

Room Tip: 1st floor is fine
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank painyh

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Im giving this hotel five stars and i wish I could give more, this is unusual for me, but i just want to make clear that this hotel was quite a shock. I paid 11 euro for a hotel that is first of all beautiful visually from the moment you walk in it's top class. I couldn't actually believe I was at the right spot because it's really beautiful inside. So I had to climb three flights of stairs! big deal. I got exercise which I needed to lose those extra pounds to wear a swim suit on Mykonos! The room was a 4 bedroom mixed dorm but for the first night I was with one girl who was nice and quiet and pleasant and the next night two guys but they were very nice and respectful. The type of people it attracts are nice pleasant travellers or were when I was there. This also included breakfast!!!!!! unbelievable. I was talking to another couple who said they thought they were at the wrong place after booking online too. The cleaning is a little on the down side but that's only cos i'm a real fuss pot, and even being a fuss pot I wouldn't complain except if I was paying 80 euro a night for instance then I would think it was a bit ordinary. You get fresh sheets and towels every day. air con in the room which works beautifully, a lovely balcony and it's only 4 stops away from the acropolis. the metro is only a short distance down the road walking distance it takes less than five minutes to get there and a lovely safe metro at that. The area isn't the absolute best but I never felt unsafe. There are plenty of people around the streets to feel safe and I'm a woman travelling on my own. Believe me I've never giving a place five stars before but this place was unbelievably good for the price. I was speaking to one of the workers here and he said last year this place had 90% on trip adviser and it only took 2 or 3 people who weren't nice people and complainers to put their score down so much. Now they are thinking of closing cos they've had to put thier prices down so much and they aren't doing so well. People think they have to be right at the Acropolis but honestly there is no need when it's so close and easy to get to from here and you'lll pay more there anyway. So take my advice at least try this place for one night and i promise you'll book to stay here more! You'll save money and you'll enjoy staying here I promise.

Room Tip: just book and stay here full stop. unless you can't get upstairs easily then ask for a floor tha...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We got the 4th floor which was a bit sucky with all our baggage. The room just fit the 4 beds in it and not much else. The shower was pokey and water ended up on the floor after each one. The staff were friendly and easy to understand. The free breakfast was ample if somewhat limited. Our balcony was tiny and the door to it could barely open. Good Internet. Too expensive for what we got and room didn't match the photo on Hostelbookers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that matches the photo on the hotel site and ground floor if you have heavy bags.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MacDutch
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Me and my friend went for out Easter university holiday to Athens just a few weeks back for 10 days. And we booked this hotel it seemed like a nice price for what you get. And indeed we weren't disappointed. Very friendly staff. Good breakfast for the price we paid. They even put us in a 3 bed room from our 2 bed room booking to save us from climbing the stairs. There was free Wi-Fi even though the signal was weak it was good to have.

There was a musty smell of cigarette in the room but you soon get used to it, and in Athens smoking is everywhere. Its near a busy road so you get the traffic noise but nothing that kept us awake.The neighbourhood is a little rough especially with the financial problems, we were inform to look after our bags etc. Police station is close by. But yes we were there for 10 days and nothing bad happened.

Nice place we would go there again if we are in Athens again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank peacefulblossom
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I've made the reservation trough booking.com, they had my credit card details but didnt accept the credit card... Cash only. In advance, befor showing the room.
Fiive storys to climb on stip stairs, carying all loggage from car (it's a street with lots of thiefs).
No sound insulation, dirty room, noisy AC unit.
Internet dosent work in room. Need to go dwonstairs because nobody cares about this and nobody will fix it.
In the morning we couldnt take breakfast because a power breack. Manager knew this onde day before but didn't adviced us about this... But he tuck the money, of chourse.
Area very scary.

Room Tip: Just keep away! Anything else will be better
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vlad M
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in August/September of 2011. We checked in, and the room seemed nice. On the second day, we asked the desk clerk about taking a trip to one of the nearby islands. He gave us a lot of information. Just before leaving, he asked us which room we were staying in. When we returned, we found that our room had been robbed! Apparently, asking advice and letting the house staff know you will be gone all day is a free pass for them to look through your belongings and take what they want.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sean C
Reviewed January 28, 2012

A very good experience. Very friendly owners who are always prepared to help. Especially the land lady was really friendly. Clean hotel, free WIFI. Don't expect a 5* hotel, but good price quality.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo