“Perfect location to visit Athens”
Review of Athos Hotel

Athos Hotel
Ranked #99 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This Hotel offers an excellent opportunity for visiting Athens. Located in Plaka nearby Acropolis, it permits to reach walking any interesting place in the city. Some rooms with are avaible with a Parthenon view. Rooms are not too small, clean and we had a spacious and pleasant bathingroom. The staff is so nice and welcoming. I can recommend this hotel as excellent an exellent stay in a medium class hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bernard P
NIKOS G, Front Office Manager at Athos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Mr Bernard

Thank you for your beautifull comment, We are always at Your Disposition.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We took a train from the airport to Syntagma and the hotel was only a few minutes walk away. The side road the hotel is in is very quiet and slightly rundown with vacant buildings but it was very safe. The location is great with Ermou street being very close so lots of shopping and eateries nearby. The hotel itself, although a little dated was just fine for our needs. The room was quite spacious, was cleaned daily, had aircon (not very effective though), flat screen TV and free wifi. The bed was not very comfy. We did not require any taxis or transport as walking from place to place was possible and not a huge distance from the hotel. Breakfast wasn't particularly varied and it was an additional cost so we only had breakfast once throughout our stay. The receptionist's did not all speak good English but Elpida was very helpful. We had a pleasant stay and would recommend it for the budget traveler.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TheAbduls

Dear Mr And Mrs Abdul

Thank you for your beautifull Comment , we are always at Your Disposition .

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Adequate, clean accomodation in a central position. Although in a small side street it was a very safe area to walk about in and within walking distance of Acropolis. Staff very helpful. Breakfast rather disappointing with no fresh fruit. Lovely baker's nearby in Othonos Street where you can get a great breakfast. Although rooms would probably benefit from being updated I would go back to the Athos.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Elizabeth H
NIKOS G, Front Office Manager at Athos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review and your comment. We are pleased you enjoyed our very central location, the cleanliness of our rooms and the customer service we are offering. Hope you will choose us again on a future trip to Athens.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Very convenient for public/airport transport, a small hotel with a roof terrace. Room was quite small but clean & comfortable. Can't comment on the breakfast as we opted not to take it.
TV, mini bar fridge, hairdyer, safe & aircon all included.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
19  Thank Yiassas

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing Athos Hotel for your stay in Athens. We are always aiming for the best customer service and every clients' satisfaction. Thank you for mentioning the very central location and we are glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms as well as our amenities. Hope you will choose us again on a future trip to Athens.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2011

The staff on reception at the Athos Hotel could not have been more charming or helpful. For instance, I have a mobility scooter which I cannot get around streets or museums without. Each day of our stay (nearly a week) they helped my partner to haul this in and out of the hotel and taxis, making it much more possible for me to manage a visit to such a historic city. Fortunately for us they spoke excellent English, which made communication as easy as it could be. They researched museums, their locations and opening hours, for us when there was the possibility of unexpected closures because of demonstrations and the local Marathon. They gave us good advice about local restaurants, and when we were too exhausted from sightseeing to move, they ordered takeaways for us — our Greek is too pitiful for us to have been able to order anything for ourselves by phone! We consider that the hotel was good value, especially considering that it was very well-located for both 'high' and 'low' culture — archaeological sites and museums, and shops and restaurants. We would stay there again if we were fortunate enough to be able to do so. By the way, there is a parking garage opposite the hotel. It is very expensive, but if you need a place to park your car in a very busy city, that is not unexpected. We found the staff here very helpful too.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
25  Thank Rita D

Thank you for choosing Athos Hotel during your recent stay in Athens. Customers satisfaction is of our primary concerns and we are delighted that we enabled you to have a memorable stay. We look very forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We enjoyed our stay very much, we will recommend the hotel to our friends and will visit again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
26  Thank edward e

Dear Guest, it is always a pleasure to receive so kind reviews. Thank you for choosing Athos Hotel for your visit in Athens and for your time to write on TA. Our aim is to make your stay special and memorable. We are looking forward to your next staying with us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Athos from September 30 to October 6, 2011. Sadly this stay became a nightmare. The second day I went out for a walk. I had only some money in my pocket. The rest of my things were in my room which I thought were safe. I was out for about an hour and when I came back someone had unlocked my door and taken everything from my room. I lost my laptop, system-camera, digital camera, video camera, wallet with 150 euro, driving license, passport, mobile phone, wedding ring and credit card. Noe one had broke up my door, it was locked up or someone had open it with a tool of some type. I went to the reception and they called the police. The police came after a couple og hours, but they didn't anything. They didn't even look at the room. Of course this incident spoiled my holiday. I just wanted to go home, but I had to stay because I had to get a new passport at the Embassy, and new plane tickets was to expensive for me. Please note that all keys to the rooms are stored very visible in the reception of the hotel. Anyone can see who is inside their room and who is out of the hotel. I asked if they were going to do something with the locks, but no. The hotel manager, Nina, didn't seem sorry at all. The nice English girl, Fiona, gave me a warm hug when I left the hotel. There's only one thing to do: Avoid this hotel!

Room Tip: I stayed at Hotel Athos from September 30 to October 6, 2011. Sadly this stay became a nightmare. Th...