Central Athens Hotel
$169
$110
$102
  • Breakfast included
Athens Lotus Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
$105
$285
$250
Travelocity
1,863 results
All reviewsrooftop barsyntagma squaregreat locationfrosted glassacropolis viewsmall elevatorcentral athensan amazing viewwalking distancequiet streetbathroom doorrooms are smallyogurtroof gardenrestaurants and shopsthe air conditioningsuperior room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My Wife and I were to stay here one night then head out on a 4 day tour into the mountains but my wife became ill, the hotel was fully booked for the next night but they made arraignments for guests to stay else where to accommodate us, my wife ended up in the hospital, the hotel staff have bean amazing and very concerned for my wife's well being. If I was to come to Athens again I would most definitely stay here the view from the terrace is amazing at night, the location is a wonderful area, totally safe but I would use Tripadvisor to find some cheaper restaurants they tend to rape us at most of them around here, the hotel doesn't have a restaurant after breakfast the terrace bar only has snacks. The rooms are your average European size but clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony that would be the top three floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
CentralHotelAthens, Guest Relations Manager at Central Athens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your review on our hotel and your kind words on our staff. We hope that you will be back soon again to enjoy your stay with us and explore our country for an unforgettable trip.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

While staying in Athens my wife and I wanted a hotel with a view. After doing a lot of research I found Central Athens Hotel to be the best candidate. Let me tell you it did not disappoint! The hotel is located in a great location within walking distance to everything you would want to see. The check in/out went flawless and the free breakfast was very good. The room I stayed in was on the smaller size, and overlooked a school yard. Around 8am every morning you could hear the school bell ringing and kids in the courtyard playing away (we had the window open). This was a nice wake up call as oppose to an alarm going off. The best part about this hotel besides the location was the rooftop bar/restaurant. Probably the best view from a hotel in all of Athens. My wife and I enjoyed sunsets and a cocktail every night before heading out on the town. They also have a food menu, but we did not eat off of it. The staff was super friendly and eager to please! The option of charging your room from the bar was a plus, but be careful it can add up fast. The only Con I could really find about this place was the size and wait for the elevator. It was quicker to just take the stairs. Not a deal breaker at all and lets face it we can all use some exercise. I would suggest to stop wasting your time looking for hotels in Athens on TripAdvisor and just book this one!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your detailed review on Central Athens Hotel. It is always welcome to have happy customers who enjoy their stay with us and appreciate our efforts for high quality services. We look forward to see you again soon to have admire Acropolis along with a nice drink at Thea Terrace Bar.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I really liked my stay in Central hotel Athens, and if I ever end up in Athens again, i would definately stay again. Room was clean and spacious enough. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is located in Plaka which is in easy reach to all major sights in Athens.Hotel is also easily reachable by bus from the airport. The view to the Acropolis from the rooftop terrace is just the awesome! After walking around the city, have a cold drink on that terrace and chill!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your nice review. Pleased customers who intend to come back again are always the best prize for our efforts. We look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

i was a client just for a drink on the terrace of the hotel. They have created a great bar there, in which you can enjoy your cocktails with a remarkable view of acropolis! much better than other similar bars in this area, you don't have to wait long time just for a sit and the atmoshere is quite more quiet!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you very much for your review on Thea Terrace Bar. It is true that the view of the Acropolis is magnificent and really worth the visit. We hope that you will be back again and in another opportunity you will stay in the hotel, too.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are three couples who had three rooms for a night and were delighted to discover this lovely hotel. A great value-for-money hotel that is centrally located and has the loveliest roof-top restaurant overlooking the Acropolis. The rooms also had a great view and were well maintained, comfortable and clean. The surrounding area with it's shops and facilities is pretty hit and miss - some parts pretty seedy and others looked quite clean and flourishing. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
CentralHotelAthens, Guest Relations Manager at Central Athens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your review on Central Athens Hotel. We are happy that you and your friends had a nice stay with us and enjoyed our services and location. We hope that we will see you back soon for a longer stay in Athens.