TripAdvisor
Athens
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews nice hotel minute walk metro station rooftop garden mini bar clean rooms hotel is located breakfast buffet greek islands roof bar wi fi on foot late at night street noise great view of the acropolis acropolis museum euros
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

If you want something right in the middle of the Plaka this hotel is not for you. However, if you prefer a quieter location, with stores and restaurants frequented by locals, you will like the Ilissos. It's a 10 minute walk to metro, tram, and bus, a 20 minute walk to the Plaka, and a 5 minute walk to an amazing bakery (ask the staff!). The staff was friendly and attentive, especially Natascha. We found it quiet even though several school groups were staying there. The rooms are adequately sized, the shower was good, and the breakfast was tasty and plentiful.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank dma1969
Reviewed March 28, 2016

It states that the hotel overlooks the Acropolis, however, there is nothing like this. When we asked for a room overlooking the Acropolis, the receptionist said the hotel is just for sleeping, nothing else. The area is nothing special, not really close to sight seeings as I read reviews etc.
Breakfast was ok, nothing special. I would not give 4 stars to this hotel by any means! For those stars expected class, and it was equivalent to 2 stars in reality.

Room tip: ask for upper floor so it is not noisy
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2016

The first day I arrived at the hotel and I went in my room (single,quiet room) there was an extra bed which disappeared the next day. The food at the hotel was ok but also too expensive for no reason..it wasn't something special! I though that those prices was unreasonable. The staff was ok. The view of my room was awful! The airconition made too much noise.The room wasn't worth the price. I think this hotel is too expensive for no reason! i would definitely do not recommend this hotel!! Waste of money for no reason!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

All round this was a very nice hotel near to the centre of Athens. They food was nice with a good selection. The beds were comfy and the rooms were very functional. The television had a wide range of channels and languages. The wifi was quite slow and the showers were not the best.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2016 via mobile

I came to this hotel with my college for a historical trip. As it's reasonably close to the main town it seemed good enough but by no means would I call it a 4 star hotel, if anything it would be a 3 star hostel at most. The staff were not inviting and seemed rather distant and cold, much like the hotel itself. I was stuck in a '3 person room' with two people I had never met before. By 3 person I mean a 2 person room with a substandard camp bed of sorts pushed into a corner of the already small room. Since I didn't know these people I was stuck with said 'bed'. Now, after paying a considerable amount of money for this trip I expected the minimum of an actual bed, shouldn't be too much to ask for right? Well, apparently it was. I wouldn't even use that 'bed' as a table even though it was the same consistency. Rock solid, low down, cold and itchy. But who needs sleep?! The room was very old fashioned with a lot of brown and beige with a fantastic view of a...noisy road, brilliant. The unattractive carpet was stained from previous occupants and smelt old. The bathroom was ok, the shower could do with having a better pressure though. It was either a steady trickle of nothingness or a force that made me fear for the safety of my nipples, no in between. The food was edible but tough and half cold, definitely not what I was expecting. After a long flight it would have been nice to sit down and eat something other than the compressed space food they serve you up on the plane but to my dismay it was a small variety of either chewy chicken, chewy pork, undercooked rice and other such riveting gastronomical dishes. You can't really blame a hotel for the noisiness of other guests but my god, or Zeus if you prefer, were they loud. 11 at night and a large group of people in the corridor quite happily shouting to each other and laughing as if they were deaf. That along with the back shattering bed and the road noise left me unable to gain sufficient sleep therefore I cannot be held accountable for my actions. If I threaten to rip someone's head off and throw it down the stairs as a football then so be it. Someone get me some caffeine and a chill pill.

Trip type: Traveled with friends