TripAdvisor
Athens
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews nice hotel minute walk metro station rooftop garden mini bar clean rooms hotel is located breakfast buffet greek islands roof bar wi fi on foot late at night street noise great view of the acropolis acropolis museum euros
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2015 via mobile

The hotel itself is about a 10 min away from sigrou-fix metro station, but once in the system, it is easy to navigate. The hotel itself is good, with no charge for air conditioning or an added city tax upon arrival. We paid for breakfast, and it was well-prepared and worth the cost. The hotel has a roof garden with a view of the Acropolis, but we were asked to but something from the adjacent roof bar/restaurant to sit there. Overall, though, while we were only there for two nights, we enjoyed them and would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2015

Terrible from the minute we got there! My fiance and I had booked 2 nights at Ilissos so we would have one full day to check out a few things in Athens before we went to the islands. On our first night we ate dinner (pizza) on the rooftop terrace/restaurant. Within hours of getting back to our room I was violently ill with food poisoning and once I woke my partner for help he began with the same symptoms. Informed the front desk midday the following day once we could move from the bathroom for more than a few minutes to ask for fresh towels and a bottle of water, explained what was going on and the guy couldn't care less! He had towels delivered but the water never showed. I waited an hour and had to ask AGAIN which he insist I go to the bar and purchase a bottle. His attitude was awful and the lady that checked us in was quite nice so I emailed from my room (so I had it in writing) that I would like to discuss what had happen upon checkout. The owner than rang the room three times...neither of us could answer cause we were sick as dogs..then he came and knocked on the door. Began to tell me it was not food poisoning but a tummy bug and it wasn't the hotel fault. No offer of meal refund, no apology...nothing! There is literally animal poo outside the property, inside is tidy but unclean. I couldn't tell you what breakfast was like cause I was sick from monday night until thursday arvo...my partner and I lost 9kgs between us and I am only 50kg to begin with. It was horrible and I would never visit this area again, especially this hotel! Oh and the wifi is non-existant.

Reviewed July 30, 2015

Ilissos is a comfortable and clean hotel.
the staff are so helpful and friendly mainly the man in the restaurant in the evening.
professional and always smiling.
the only negative thing is the 10mun walk to the metro.
i will certainly go again there.

Room tip: Double room
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
1  Thank Ouadie H

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed July 27, 2015 via mobile

The hotel is old but at first glance seems clean until you get to the room, the carpets seem to never have been washed and the bath was dirty. The staff wasn't serviceable and at sometimes plane out rude. Probably what overflowed the glass was the moment they called us at the room to ask when we were going to check out and we answered that we were going down in 2 minutes and they answered "I hope so"

Trip type: Traveled with friends