“Friendly little place”

Ranked #126 of 325 Hotels in Athens
London
“Friendly little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I'm posting this six years late as I've only just joined Trip Advisor! It might be a bit redundant given that there are more recent positive comments from other reviewers.

Anyway, my husband and I stayed here in April 2007 when we came to Athens on a city break, just before we got married. In my experience, it was a lovely hotel. Okay, the location looked a bit dodgy as the other reviewers say, but we didn't have any problems when my husband and I walked back after dinner late in the evenings. In fact, it was the ideal base to walk to some good restaurants and to take in the sites of the city.

The staff were fantastic - in particular, I recall a lady named "Maria". Once there was a minor problem with our room and they upgraded us to a larger, more beautiful room for free.

On our last night, the staff made us a fantastic Greek salad and even gave us some free Greek coffee to take home.

This is what service is all about.

I do hope that, despite the current political turbulence in Greece, this place survives. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone going to Athens. I recently stayed at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers in Dubai - it was awaful and I think that so-called plush hotels like that could learn a thing or two from small, friendly places the Art Hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sanatana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

awesome views. gorgeous , spacious suite. fabulous breakfast. convenient location. truly unique--meets and exceeds my expectations of a boutique hotel. was leaving the next day on a cruise. so wished we could have stayed longer! I felt so pampered here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank btayavon
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I remember being worried before my stay at the Art Hotel as many reviews said the area was weird or "dogy". True, it's not located in a main piazza or as close as others but there's not much to worry about, just at night time, and that applies pretty much everywhere in Athens anyway. If you want to be sure, juste remove flashy jewlery and dress it down or cab it. The hotel staff is great, super accomodating and kind! They will take the time to explain all main attractions and provide information. While a little tired, the rooms are good, spacious and cleaned daily. The hotel truly does have this "home" ambiance to it as it is small and cozy. My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights there and it was great! Many thanks to the Art Hotel staff! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tinybumblebee
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in a lovely boutique hotel by the name of art hotel, which has the most friendly staff I ever met. The hotel is situated in a very central place in Athens, the breakfast was very rich the hotel was clean. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future and I recommend the hotel to all my friends.

Tal Keshet - Israel

Room Tip: sorry no swimming pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tal K
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went twice to Art Hotel last August and we loved it.
All rooms are one of a kind, cosi and confi, with nice breakfast, and cherry on the top, the staff is lovely.
We will definitely go back there at the first opportunity.
Have a good time,
Jerome & Isabella

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jerome g
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great thanks to wonderful staff of Art Hotel, always happy to help. We walked to all major attractions as they are all so to say around the corner. The shops were also close by. Room was very clean and pleasantly decorated. We enjoyed fresh foods served at breakfast. During the whole stay we experienced friendly, family-like atmosphere, we felt at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dorota D
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We really enjoyed our visit to this city and especially enjoyed our stay at the Art Hotel. The hotel was is a great location for the sight seeing and exploring we wanted to do. We were most impressed with the helpfulness of the staff and they cheerfully confirmed our tour reservations and travel arrangements. They even gave us some excellent recommendations for dinner. Towards the end of our stay, my husband needed some medical attention, the owner of the hotel went over and above by making arrangements with an English speaking Doctor and gave the cab driver directions to take us to a clinic immediately. All our concerns were addressed and medications were prescribed. Everything was taken care of in a very short time. Thanks for a memorable trip and stay in Athens at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple