Art Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Leto(Athens)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsomonia metronational museumminute walkbusy streetlate at nighthotel is situatedrooms are smallmirandataxigreeceacropolissquaresightsgraffitidistrictgreek
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great little hotel. Would happily stay here again when I next visit Athens.

Location: About 200m from Omonia Station, goes to pretty much all the tourist sites you want to from here. Some people may be put off by the local area, but we felt safe. Only advice with current economic climate not to wear jewellery. Restaurants and supermarket 50m.

Hotel: Warm friendly staff, we received a lovely little book on athens by a friend of the hotel, great read. Nice breakfast although a little samey. Big rooms for 3 persons. Good clean bathrooms and mini fridge. Our room was fronting the main road, terrible noise pollution.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not fronting the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

First of all, I have stayed in the hotel twice and have had good experiences both times. The only thing I can't get used to is showering without a shower curtain (lol). I must say that the customer service was outstanding--it was more like visiting distant relatives when dealing with the staff--they were very knowledgeable about Athens and even made suggestions about neighborhood restaurants that were not tourist traps (very good Greek cuisine btw).
The Hotel (I will agree) is not in the best part of town--however, we were never bothered by anyone (we went out to eat in the evening but did not go to night clubs). The breakfast was very good. The rooms I stayed in were clean and beds were comfortable (best of all: very little street noise). I don't know what some reviewers are expecting out of a building that may be 100 or more years old--All I can say is--this Boutique hotel is way above average for Europe..

Room Tip: The Acropolis, Parthenon and State Museum (all must see) and old city square are all in walking distance of this Hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We weren't expecting much, as this was our first time in Athens and the area seemed a bit dodgy.

But as soon as we walked in we received the warmest welcome and so much help from reception. It was actually a shame to only stay one night in transit.

The room was definitely small but adequate and had a comfortable bed. We didn't even hear the street noise through the double windows.

As our ferry meeting point was at 6am, they organised a cab for us at 530, - and had breakfast prepared early for us, although we only had coffees.

On departure I was given a lovely necklace as a thanks for stayi g with them, and left feeling a bit upset that we were staying elsewhere on our return to Athens the following week. I could not recommend this hotel more, definitely stay with them.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank TnTtakeeurope
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is situated in a terrible part of Athens. We were warned by our taxi driver not to venture out at night. The room was so old. Paint peeling, stains on walls, furnishings etc.. Bathroom had stains and mould galore! Resembled something I had seen on C.S.I.
We left immediately and booked into Royal Olympia which was amazing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan Y
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our 3 night stay at the Art Hotel in busy Athens followed a week in the Greek Islands, 4 nights in Santorini and 3 in Naxos. The Art Hotel was our final stop before our flight home to Canada and its unique decor and friendly staff provided a wonderful contrast to the hectic surroundings in the city. The Art Hotel is centrally located, 3 metro stops or a 40 minute walk to the Acropolis. The staff were welcoming and helpful and it felt like a bed and breakfast. The staff let me use their computer to print boarding passes and send lengthy emails, even provided me a nice cuppa tea. They were more than accommodating. It was interesting to watch the staff share responsibilities at the front desk, in the dining room, and in the rooms. It had a 'family' feel to it. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple