“Good to try if you are nearby”
Review of 5F

5F
Ranked #18 of 3,060 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

I made the mistake of walking to this restaurant from the city center and the route I took was a very long slog through an industrial wasteland. I arrived around 5 and all of the prepared food was gone. However, the owner offer me a great Greek Salad, a fried fish, fries, wine and a dessert. Total was 8€ which was a bargain. The value is 5/5, food quality is decent but nothing to write home about. IMHO, it’s not worth going out of your way for, but good to go if you happen to be nearby.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

For the locals, this is like your Mothers cooking! For the Tourist , this is Authentic Greek food, no Gyros, No Souvlaki, (The pizza of Greek food) Oven cooking, Lamb, Beef ,Chicken unbelievable and moist and tasty! The been stew, rice and the Mussels and Orzo , amazing. Stuffed Grape leaves , like my mothers! The service is like being in a Greek home! Costa's is the best. The prices are right. Go a must go when in Athens

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank CarreraPorsche
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Perfect lunch traditional
And with very good prices
Lovely atmosphere
And friendly staff
I highly recommend

Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

The food was amazing, personal was friendly and super nice! We tried all of the original greek food all in one eat

Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

Thank you to all those who left 5* reviews. Particularly the one who said left it to the last day and wished hadn’t, because that is just what I ended up doing! Why - because this is a bit further out but turns out it’s a must not miss! I walked over from the Panthenaic Stadium which took about 25 mins and was greeted by lovely staff and mostly locals. Bread was half a lovely fresh large loaf for 1 and a complimentary large Greek Salad. Then they offered to keep selections coming until I was really full. So a gorgeous rice risotto, meatballs with chips, pork slow cooked in rosemary and lemon and then moussaka. Annoyingly too full then for some of the lovely fresh fish I saw. Generous sized small portions of each. That and 2 bottles of beer all for 10 Euros. I am cursed with honesty so checked with the owner that the bill was correct and it was. What a great find - have been coming to different parts of Greece for 36 years and this was without question the best local Greek Taverna I have enjoyed. I feel another lovely long weekend in Athens will be necessary just to come back and enjoy this Taverna again :)

1  Thank Wentthereandback_11