Just stayed 3 nights in Melia Athens. Below would be summary of plusses and minuses
+ friendly service, especially the ladies at the pool seemed to run in all restaurants and every time with great attitude
+ pool is great - the view as mentioned by others. a nice place to enjoy after activities in city.
+ we stayed at the george suite which was spacious and in good condition and peaceful as not overlooking the street
+ and - in our first room the sofabed was completely broken and not possible to sleep in. The personnel handled the room change professionally and offered another room after the technician tried to repair it which didnt succeed
- poor food variation. In all restaurants same menu with few choices available. After second time there was not much choice left.between 7 and 8 pm there is no place to get anything to eat as both restaurants are closed. And this happened to be the time our boys normally eat...
- Room service - with two kids the room service is great option in he evenings but it stopped after 2 pm!
- the surrounding was indeed miserable. 50 meters from hotel you see people injecting themselves. Except the national museum there is not much to see and not many restaurants available. Taxis are of course waiting but as we prefer to walk to see the surroundings it was a bit uninviting. We felt safe - this was never an issue
Overall you feel & see that Athens is going through really tough times. Melia is also decreasing their service level probably with lower demand but there are some topics that you expect from a four star hotel which the Melia Athens management apparently tries to save on...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Athens, member of the Melia Hotels International, is an oasis in the heart of the historic and business center of Athens. Here the Greek art of hospitality complements the legendary passion for service of the Spanish chain, creating a unique living experience. With the Acropolis and Lycabettus Hill as a backdrop, Melia Athens provides magnificent facilities, spacious dining areas with views of the historic monuments and a modern health club with cardiovascular equipment. Located in the heart of Athens, only 200 m away from the central metro station, the hotel provides a selection of 136 luxury rooms and suites located on 8 floors, all decorated in warm and earthy tones with wooden panels and marbled bathrooms with Jacuzzi bathtubs. Enjoy a comfortable stay in one of our 37sq suites which separate bedroom and living room, a hydromassage bathtub and separate shower cabin as well as Nespresso Coffee Station. Live "The Level Experience" in one of our 13 rooms by enjoying a set of unique level benefits. In the 9th floor you may get a fantastic workout with a view of the Acropolis, relax in the authentic steam bath and sauna with natural day light or cool off in our 22m pool as well as in the outdoor Jacuzzi from Mid May to mid October. Have your breakfast in Vivendo Restaurant and enjoy your coffee or a light snack at our Mondo Cafe. Don't miss the chance to visit our Sky Lounge Dinning Bar, located in the 9th floor and enjoy a cocktail or have your dinner under the stars with breathtaking view of the Acropolis and the Lycabettus Hill, operating Spring to Autumn (weather permitted). Share your experience from Melia Athens with the free Wi-Fi Internet in all public areas and rooms of the hotel.Our hotel in cooperation with Polis Park across the street, provides parking facilities with special rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Athens Hotel Athens
- Sol Melia Athens
- Athens Sol Melia