3 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$107
Agoda.com$107
Hurb$119
2,605 results
All reviews rooftop bar korres toiletries small pool modern hotel walking distance breakfast buffet executive room central location walked everywhere on foot side street visiting athens acropolis view neighborhood monastiraki greece square
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2019

While I couldnt find a lot of typical DESIGN elements and cool touches that you get to experience at other DESIGN HOTELS properties, the place was quite chic and stylish. And considering the price we paid for it and what came with it, at a good location, this was a great value for money for sure!

LOCATION: Good location in the city center and walkable from most points of interest.

DINE + DRINK: Lovely Rooftop Bar and lounge with neat views of the city and a distant view of the Stunning Acropolis. Great for a sunset drink. The breakfast was not a big spread but came with a simple selection of fine local and international cuisine

ROOM: We stayed in a Upgraded suite room on the 5th floor, so this review is based on that; VIEW: OK view of the street ; SIZE: Very spacious suite and had a huge LIVING area as well as a big Bedroom!; AIR-CON: Perfectly functioning cooler that helped in setting the perfect room temperature; BED: Comfortable bed that played the expected part to put me to sleep; BATHROOM: Stand in shower; TOILETRIES: Lovely Spa quality cosmetics from KORRES brand!

FACILITIES: Compact Gym , which was nothing more than a converted room, with a basic range of weights and Cardio machines.

SERVICE: Friendly staff that took care of all my needs with a smile and made us feel pampered and well taken care of. Special Shout out to MICHALIS at the front desk/Guest relations who helped us with great local recommendation.

HOW WIRED YOU WILL BE: Free high speed Wi-Fi that works well all over the property. Big Plasma TV screen dishing out dozens of channels spanning sports, news, music, movies and a wide variety of entertainment . Unfortunately ENGLISH channels were restricted to only a couple of boring News channels! Big downer!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
fresh36, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Fresh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Dear Mr Talesofales,

Thank you for taking the time to write such descriptive and positive review.
It is extremely rewarding to know that you have enjoyed your stay, and that our efforts to make your visit in Athens remarkable have succeeded.
I can see that the treatment of our staff from the check-in at the Front Office, to the turn-down service provided by housekeeping have all enhanced your stay.
Your message will definitely be communicated to our team, as we are all delighted to hear of your great experience.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation, and we look forward to your next stay at Fresh hotel Athens.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2019

Stayed here for 3 nights during business trip to Athens. Our room on 3rd floor was quite small, narrow, but clean with bed quality that was not great, mattress already tired and should be replaced. Breakfast good quality, wi-fi free and fast, but did not work on one of the evenings. Walls are very thin and if you are looking for peace, look elsewhere. Also, could smell smoking every evening, so clearly people smoke in their rooms.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
fresh36, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Fresh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thanks for staying with us at Fresh hotel and taking the time to let us know what you thought, we really value our guest's feedback.
We are happy to know that you found our team friendly and welcoming and that you liked our breakfast!
We care about the comfort of our guests so it's unfortunate that mattress didn't meet your expectations.We've also forwarded your concerns to the appropriate members of our team so we may improve moving forward.

We do hope to host you again soon for a more positive experience.

With kind regards
Koulizakis Michalis
Guest Relations

Reviewed January 30, 2019

I was robbed directly in front of the Fresh Hotel. I was about to enter to go to my room when I was accosted. I had my camera bag (I am a photographer) stolen with assorted lenses and such and had to fight for my camera. It was dark and the front of the hotel has horrible lighting. The surveillance video is set away from the doors and as the person behind the desk later told me, they could only see the lower halves of our bodies. The customer service person later told me that he was aware that their cameras were not that good but that good ones only retain video for one day (good gosh, what an excuse). It is clear that the owner Ada and the hotel manage Lyykas recognize the dangers but they do not discuss this and do not provide literature or protection for guests. They have a guard who comes on at 11 p.m. but no other real protection protection prior to this time. Though they offered me a room for the night as compensation (after I wrote numerous letters about my case), they refused to offer even minimal compensation for they do not consider the front of their hotel under their responsibility (literally inches from their door). I am sickened by the loss of my equipment and tried to explain how senseless (and expensive) it would be for me to fly there again to take them up on their offer of a free stay. All I wanted was partial money so that I could start replacing my stolen equipment. I spoke to three different sets of police over the next few days that I was in Athens and they all told me that the Fresh Hotel is located in the most dangerous section of Athens. I would suggest that you be very careful booking this place and certainly do not bring a group of people to this hotel for it is a huge risk given their lack of security and disingenuous concern for those staying at their place.

Date of stay: January 2019
7  Thank Jamie M
fresh36, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Fresh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

Dear Mr Jamie,

The whole Fresh team is truly sorry and expresses its biggest sympathy for the unfortunate incident you experienced .
Rest assured, the safety and security of our valued guests is always and without any exception our top priority.

We would like to mention that Athens is a cosmopolitan metropolis and largest city of Greece with an estimated population of over 4 million. Fresh hotel is directly within the historical center of Athens ideally located and close to Athens city Hall and the Headquarters of banks and public services, so the presence of police and private security is intense and on daily basis.

Once again, we would like to express our honest sympathy for this unfortunate incident.

We certainly remain at your disposal.

Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

The street that this hotel is on is not the best but if you can see beyond that you will be pleasantly surprised. The entrance/foyer is well set out and the staff at the desk are more than welcoming. The room I had, although on the small side had everything I needed which has been lacking in some of the hotels I have visited lately. Rooftop bar/restaurant is outstanding
I didn't get to see much of the view simply because of by the time I got back it from work it was dark but purely by the lights I suspect it is worth seeing. The service in the bar is above reproach and all staff speak perfect, and I really mean, perfect English. If anything it is a failing on my part for not trying to learn a few more words of Greek. I was genuinely disappointed that I had to cancel a return visit due to work. As far as location is concerned forget the street it is on because the city and all the nightlife is literally a 20 minute walk away and the Parthenon is only a mile away if you want to walk. There is also a huge market nearby. I realise that I may seem a little 'over' enthusiastic about this place but it honestly is worth staying here. It is a part of the Marriott group which gives you all the benefits but not the price. If you are planning a trip to Athens you would be foolish not to stay here, I know that I will when I return, in the not too distant future I hope. Thank you.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Philip751
fresh36, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Fresh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2019

Thanks for the fantastic review, Philip!

We're happy you enjoyed your time with us so much at Fresh hotel Athens!
We care deeply about the happiness and satisfaction of our guests so it's excellent you appreciated our prime location. We love seeing our guests take advantage of our proximity to so many wonderful attractions.

We love to create a super comfortable environment... a home from home even and so it is amazing to hear Fresh team absolutely did that for you.

Can't wait to have you back with us again soon.

Koulizakis Michalis
Guest Relations

Reviewed January 13, 2019

We stayed at the Fresh Hotel for a week over New Year. The hotel is modern and well designed with views from the rooftop bar to the Acropolis and a lovely roof top pool which would be amazing in summer. The thing that made our stay so comfortable was the staff who were friendly and professional from check in to departure. The hotel is situated in a great position to explore Athens with easy walks to the market at Montisaraki and the neighbourhood of Gazi, both filled with bars and restaurants. We were warned about nearby Omonoia Square but never felt unsafe and were as vigilant as we'd be in any city. The nearby Central market is a must to visit for some local atmosphere in addition to the amazing historical sites and museums. Would definitely recommend a visit to this friendly city and and wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank SiobhanBreslin
fresh36, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Fresh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Dear Siobhan,

Thanks for your review, we are touched to hear we are top of your list!

We are so pleased to hear that your stay was spot on and you found time to not only enjoy the hotel but also explore our local area, we couldn't agree more that it is one of the most interesting in Athens.Fresh team will be thrilled to know they made your stay so special, we will be sure to pass on your message.

We look forward to welcoming you back for plenty more stays in 2019!