“very nice theme restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hard Rock Cafe Athens - CLOSED

Hard Rock Cafe Athens
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Syntagma
Description: Athens is rocking as Hard Rock Café Athens opened its doors in the historic Plaka District. Housed at 18 Filellinon Street- in the heart of Athens- Hard Rock Cafe Athens is Greece’s first Hard Rock and offers its guests great American food in a rock ‘n’ roll atmosphere.The 200-seat Cafe features Hard Rock’s outstanding menu, collectible merchandise and world-famous memorabilia collection, including items representing contemporary stars – such as a pair of Britney Spears’ boots and a shirt and jacket worn by Prince in his movie “Purple Rain” – as well as items from rock legends – like a jacket from Elvis Presley’s personal collection and a tie worn by John Lennon. Hard Rock Café Athens is housed in a neoclassic building, with three separated floors, which can accommodate group’s meals, corporate events, private parties, workshops, product presentations, kid’s parties and any kind of event. In our ground floor, is situated our Rock Shop, with collectible merchandise. Our collection has a variety of t-shirts, hats, pins glassware, teddy bears that you can only find in Hard Rock Café Athens.
Raynham, Massachusetts
“very nice theme restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have visited 2 other HRCs in the States one in Orlando and one in Boston, I found that between all three of them the service was the best in Athens.The servers were quick to respond when you needed anything. We started with their signature drink the Hurricane for me and the popular Margarita for my wife they were very well made. The food was as expected for all HRCs the appetizer we ordered was the nachos with cheese it was good and alot, but we were so full we could only split 1 burger between the 2 of us. As far as price goes to be fair its not the reastaurant's fault for the euro to be so high for exchange against the us dollar. We also purchased a tee shirt in the store, their supplies were low, but 1 out of 2 is not bad. over all we really enjoyed our visit at the Athens Hard Rock Cafe! We wanted to visit the other HRC -Glyfada in Athens, but unfortunately it was closed.

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
“This is no longer an authentic Hard Rock Cafe”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

When I tried to book a priority seating on line, I noticed it wasn't listed on the Hard Rock site. So, I wrote them an email, and I was informed that Hard Rock Cafe ceased operations in Athens in March of this year. But, when I called, I was informed that Hard Rock Cafe was indeed operating. OK, I figured a franchise.

We went and while the decor is still the same, the similarities to HRC end there. We ordered signature drinks: a Mojito and a Hurricane. THey were served in water glasses (Think seaside taverna) and the Mojito was mixed with black, wilted spearmint. We sent that one back for a Diet Coke instead. The Hurricane was not well mixed and frankly tasted awful. I did not send it back but nor did I drink it.

Then we ordered the barbecue chicken and classic standby twisty mac and cheese. The BBQ chicken was served like boiled (I am thinking maybe cooked, frozen, then microwaved??) That was the texture, with barbecue sauce poured out of a jar on top. Yes, that's right. It was not cooked with bbq sauce, the sauce was added afterwards kinda like putting ketchup on a burger. It was inedible.

The mac and cheese was NOT HRC mac and cheese. Think more like twisty pasta with a cheap version of a knorr powdered sauce mix. Honestly. The Chicken was rubbery. Inedible. We paid and left. No one asked us why we were not eating. The hostess did stop by as we were being served to ask if everything was ok. We hadn't started eating (or trying to) yet.

I don't see how this establishment is allowed to operate under the HRC name. It is an embarrassment to Athens and an embarrassment to HRC.

Please do not judge Athens nor HRC by what you encounter here.

As for merchandise, the only pins I saw were leftovers from a long defunct HRC on Mykonos. I did not look at the shirts.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank debsters41
Woodland, California
“Where's the Rock in Hard Rock?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband loves to visit HRCs in any city we go, so we made a point to find this one. It was fairly easy to get to, but once we arrived, we didn't even think the place was open. The building has potential to be an awesome place (three levels with three different themes, the typical stellar memorabelia...), but it was practically empty. The bottom level was the only level open. There was no live music (even on a late, Saturday night). I have a feeling this place will not be open very long...

• Visited September 2013
Blankenberge, Belgium
“cured (?)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

if any hrc can be a cure for the obsession of dining in an hard rock in every major city you visit (and buy the obvious t-shirt), this one can. almost empty house, food twice as expensive as in the dozens of restaurants nearby, clothing three times. and why not add a local flavor to menu's and memorabilia?

Visited August 2013
1 Thank lukdc
Gig Harbor, Washington
“New HRC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The old Hard Rock closed, this one is now open, but it isn't listed on the main Hard Rock website. It is located just a block west of Leof. Vasisilis Amalias, the large avenue connecting the Parliament and Hadrian's Arch, just behind the Russian church. Address: Filellinon 18.

The menu is typical Hard Rock, but the local beer on tap, Alpha, is definitely worth a try, especially on a hot summer day. Very friendly staff!

• Visited July 2013