“Great view but that's it!!”
Review of Thea Terrace Bar

Thea Terrace Bar
Ranked #118 of 2,422 Restaurants in Athens
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Plaka
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited Athens for the first time this month and after seeing the reviews of this place I HAD to check it out but I was disappointed. First of all it's difficult to find because this is not actually a resturant it is a bar that provides some light food options and is located on the 7th floor of the central hotel so if you do want to visit look for the hotel at ground level! I tried the meze which was OK but not really great I was looking forward to a proper Greek style dinner but there was only about five options on the menu and what was there was very European but not at all Greek! The food itself was well presented it was the lack of options that I had a problem with I also found it rather pricey at €9 for a few olives and some bread sticks definitely not somewhere you want to go if you are hungry! The view however is spectacular and that is reason enough alone to stop by for a drink, the cocktails are expensive €9 per drink but they are large and it was one of the nicest mojitio I've had.... All in all perfect place for a relaxing drink and chat but it is NOT a resturant so don't be mislead!

2  Thank alisonoc

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had seen this place on TripAdvisor and I immediately put it on my "to do" list, because of the expected view of the Acropolis. Honestly, nothing I'd seen on TripAdvisor had prepared me for this.
The view from the terrace is absolutely un-be-lie-va-ble! I was completely overwhelmed by the imposing presence of the Acropolis and the view over the city and the mountains far away. Plus, service is great and friendly, nice cocktails (could be a bit more alcoholic, maybe), the atmosphere is magical. I went there two days in a row and I would go more if I had the chance.
I strongly recommend a visit to see the amazing sunset; stay until the lights are on at the Acropolis and you won't want to leave.
Magical!

2  Thank paulolisb
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Loved this place! We're so glad we went here on our last night in Athens. It was a Friday night and really busy but we walked in at 8pm and managed to grab a table. The view is ASTOUNDING. It was so much fun sinking cocktails watching the Acropolis and the city light up at night. Their food is good too - not restaurant type plates but more snack/bar dishes. We shared the traditional platter and a club sandwich which were generous in proportions. Prices were reasonable with cocktails at 9 euros as opposed to 10 everywhere else we had been. It felt really relaxed, trendy and above all, romantic which was perfect for us. To top it off, our waitress was lovely (unlike some in Athens!) and even took loads of photos for us to remember our evening. Recommended!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We came on a Friday night with no reservation. My only knock on this place was their lack of a maitre d. It was very confusing on whether we should find our own seating or what the line system was. We waited about 10 minutes before being seated outside. Other than that, Thea was awesome. Our cocktails were tasty (about 9 euros each), and we also ordered a small meze platter. The grilled octopus and the dolma stood out. I recommend a visit here.

1  Thank Lizabeth L
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I went to the Thea Terrace Bar for a drink one night on our honeymoon in Athens. The drinks are good - we had a daiquiri and a cosmopolitan - but the view of the Acropolis all lit up is unbeatable. Definitely go for the view! A great way to end a romantic night out...

1  Thank jbarry524