“Small and full of history”

Museum of the Ancient Agora
Skip the Line: Acropolis Ancient Agora and Attalos Museum Small Group Tour
Ranked #31 of 345 things to do in Athens
Bansko
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Small and full of history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Agora museum is inside the Greek ancient agora. Located in the Stoa of Atalos. It is small but very interested. What amazed me was the the vote against Themistocles , a round black ceramic piece that the Athenians scratched Themistocles on when they voted against him and he was exiled. It was in the 5th century BC. this votes actually was the second vote in the world and the first vote against somebody according the Athenian low. and of course walking through the ancient agora actual you are walking on the foot steps of the ancient philosophers, scientists, artists, and apostle Paul., An attraction in Athens not to miss. You will be wiser!

Visited January 2013

275 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“Small, but Worth It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a little museum within the Ancient Agora, and is included in the Agora ticket. I really liked all of the pottery there, I thought it was the best collection that we had seen on the trip. My favorite was the potty chair. I had no idea that the Ancient Greeks had potty chairs for their babies.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Kbochick
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fascinating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was a worthwhile stop in my opinion. I found the artifacts uncovered fascinating and left satisfied. I don't go to too many museums but I'm glad I went here. It is small so you won't be there for hours on end unless you really want to and it wasn't particularly busy the day I went either.

Visited July 2012