Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $184.93
from $217.48
from $254.34
More Info
All reviews food tour greek coffee culinary tour central market meat market private tour acropolis tour cape sounion hour tour highly recommend this tour wonderful tour yannis george guide tours interests nota
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019

I traveled with my daughter and granddaughter last month. One of the highpoints of our visit to Athens was the all day private tour to Delphi. All the details of the reservation and trip were covered efficiently by Mariliza during the planning process. The actual trip was flawless and perfect for a ten year old who loves anything and everything about Greek mythology. The description of the Divine Delphi day fit our needs perfectly and the focus on a child was very important to us. Our driver Vasilis was punctual when he picked us up at 8:00am in a spacious MB van that was outfitted with a basket of snacks and drinks. Vasilis shared information about a variety of topics as we drove for 2.5 hours to Delphi with a stop for a Greek turnover snack and bathroom break.

When we arrived at Delphi Vasilis escorted us to our private guide George who first spent about an hour in the museum covering the highlights of the collection and framing his narrative to suit a serious ten year old. His explanations were spot on! After hitting the important exhibits we ventured outside and started the scenic walk up to the Temple of Apollo. He did not belabor minute topics but painted a picture of how the site became such an important part of ancient Greek history. I think my granddaughter was able to imagine how the ruins functioned 2500 years ago. After our time with George we met up wtih Vasilis who drove us to a nearby restaurant where he had made reservations for lunch at a corner table with a magnificent view of the valley below. Lunch was a leisure break and about 90 minutes later Vasilis picked us up for the final activity of our time in Delphi.

We drove to a small park with an even better view of the valley below where we met Eleni who was the artist who would lead us through a painting activity. She we well prepared with all the necessary equipment and supplies. After a brief lesson on style and technique we each created a rough sketch of the scene. We worked at easels and with her minimal guidance we painted our version of scene below. Eleni noted differences in our interpretations and we painted for more than an hour. We also giggled and laughed as we enjoyed every minute. We signed our masterpieces and packed up for the return trip to Athens. Vasilis was an excellent driver and we arrived back at our apartment about 7:30pm. It was a very long day but we all enjoyed every aspect of the day. Everyone involved made sure my granddaughter was properly "entertained" and all logistics of the trip were perfect. It was an expensive activity but well worth the cost since the outcome was so positive.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank Jeep61
Reviewed March 29, 2019

We did a food tour of Athens with George and it was fantastic. Lasted about 5-6 hours and it was such a fun variety of foods that were able to enjoy in multiple settings. Everything from snacks, meals, treats, oils, seafood. Absolutely loved it and would recommend without hesitation.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019

Had an amazing "treasure hunt" experience with Nikki on our last full day in Athens. Our kids, two 7 year olds and my 11 year old, had done the 4 hour mythology Acropolis tour a few days before and liked it enough but were exhausted and a little bored by the end. I was a bit worried that a 4 hour treasure hunt walking/running around the city would exhaust them but they LOVED every second, and let me tell you my kids are not easy to please. This tour was so well done.. a great mix of interesting and fun lessons combined with games, ice cream samples and treats, Turkish coffee making in one of the oldest greek coffee restaurants, that kept them (and the adults) entertained for hours. Our guide, Nikki, was wonderful as well and completely contributed to the success of our day. I have done other tours catered to kids in other cities in Europe but this tour was by far my kids' favorite. I would sincerely recommend this particular tour to anyone with kids for a truly unique experience.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

This was an awesome tour that our kids 7,8 and 10 really enjoyed! Our tour guide Niki was patient, and kept our kids engaged and she took us through scenic neighborhoods and areas that we would have totally missed out on. I think the Adults enjoyed it more than the kids at time.. but overall a great way to see Athens kids and adults alike! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed January 6, 2019

This was a unique tour that we decided to do spur of the moment and WOW are we glad we went. Found some wonderful spots for food and learned alot about local culture in the process. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: June 2018