“Top five meal ever eaten”
Review of Belpaese

Belpaese
Ranked #109 of 2,511 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Reviewed April 4, 2014

First visit to Athens with friends who have been to Italy several times and they chose this Restaurant from Tripadvisor, this meal was one of the best Italian meals I have ever had. Do not go here without having the mushrooms to start, I had the Prawn Linguine as main and my friends had Risotto/Spicy Pasta and there was not one bit left on any of our plates. Also could not believe the price for such a brilliant meal. The Pasta was all hand made but the ingredients used in the cooking were fantastic. The Staff were also excellent with Andreas the owner being the perfect host. The Restaurant is situated near to the Acropolis scene and I would say is definately for eating not for any bar scene or scenic views. When I go back to Athens this will be the first place I will return to.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The food here is incredible!!! We popped in for lunch on our last day in Athens, having seen some reviews on here before we travelled, and we not not disappointed, in fact we wished we'd gone there sooner in the trip! I had spaghetti bolognese and it was the best I've ever tasted! We all had different meals and each one was fantastic. The food is all organic, locally sourced and tasted great. The service was fantastic, the guy was so friendly and helpful, telling us about the food and helping my friend decide on what to try. The food is also fantastic value! Everything was perfect and I would highly recommend you try it!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great food, good service and even better prices. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone coming to Athens.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This restaurant was awesome! The owner was really friendly and recommended what we should order. He brought us complimentary appetizers that blew our minds, and finished us off with a free drink. The pasta was homemade and perfect! It was a definite high point of our trip.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

For me the service in a restaurant is very important...Almost they forget us. Just a disappointment!!Nothing else..!!!