“Soooo delicious! Carbohydrate refueling!”
Review of Belpaese

Belpaese
Ranked #113 of 2,573 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I walked by on our way home to our hotel (athens gate) and the name sounded familiar - when i looked it up, i realized it was because i had seen in on the top 5 athens restaurants on tripadvisor on my pre-research! Anyway, it became a major goal to eat here and luckily they were open for lunch (from 1pm) so we lucked out as we had dinner reservations elsewhere! The mushroom appetizer was superb, especially with the free bread, and the linguine gamberi (seafood) hit the spot. Very very flavourful. I'm saddened that the best meal we had in Athens (here) was Italian and not Greek, but sometimes you just need some delicious carbs!! And the panacotta was so creamy. I did not have service issues but it was very quiet at 4pm so we had a lot of attention from the gentlemen there. And the prices were so reasonable too. Modern and clean. The restaurant is just off the restauranty/tourist street where you end up after leaving the acropolis museum (walk towards Syngrou Ave).

1  Thank yvrgirlToronto

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We WOULD have eaten here had actually somebody served us.

We visited this restaurant for dinner on a night with half of the restaurant occupied. After being pointed to a table, we waited... and waited... and waited to be served. But alas, no place settings were placed, no menus given, not even a greeting or acknowledgement of our presence.

I made eye contact with several waiters but each one continued to pass us by. As I watched the waiters, I saw that that they weren't delivering food or some other critical duty. Rather, they were just making their rounds around the small restaurant observing if anybody needed their glass refilled, etc. After 15 minutes of no service, we walked out of the restaurant.

To me, service to customers is equally important as good food and affordable prices. Whether on vacation or not, a customer's time is valuable and should be treated as such.

3  Thank beachsuntravel
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Small restaurant, with home-made pasta. The pasta dishes were indeed excellent, but also other dishes were very tasty - the mushrooms with garlic and Zucchini balls for example.
The restaurant manager showed real friendliness and interest if we are enjoying the meal.
Prices - great value. 113 Euro for 9 people is nothing but a bargain.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Excellent tastes, and very very good value for money. We are very happy indeed being in that place tonight. You must visit that place.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friends and I were in Athens, Greece for several days and normally we do not return to a restaurant. This was not the case with BELPASE. We enjoyed two glorious dinners at this small but excellent eatery in Athens. Give it a try...you won't be disappointed. The mushroom pasta with a hint of truffle oil was just heaven. And the salad with avocado, capers and a mustard vinaigrette was out of this world!