“Hidden italian gem near the Acropolis”
Review of Belpaese

Belpaese
Ranked #167 of 3,971 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Athens, GR
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden italian gem near the Acropolis”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just across the street from the Acropolis tube station, nice atmosphere, very friendly and attentive staff, but most importantly: amazing food-excellent quality-very low prices.
We tried mushrooms (delicious!), handmade ravioli and 2 (we couldn't help it) mindblowing desserts: caramel pannacota and crema cataluna. Even the bread was delicious.
Do look for it, you'll not be dissappointed. It's really something to find such good food quality in such low prices in Athens.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MariannaGR_Athens_

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
“TOP QUALITY CHEAP FOOD NEAR ACROPOLIS”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

In my opinion is one of the best italian restaurants in Athens, located just 100 meters to Acropolis Museum.The menu has a great variety of very cheap appetizers but with no doubt you should taste the incredible plate with mushrooms. From the list of the main courses which is consisted of many different recipes of home made pasta, I tasted a delicious plate with spinach ravioli. Also the dessert was another surprise as I tasted a fabulous tiramisu that reminded the one I have eaten in Rome five years ago. In conclusion, this restaurant had excellent food in very cheap prices served by very friendly people.

• Visited May 2013
“Everything fabulous at great prices”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It's like eating your home and the staff is your family . The amount you spend at belpaese is the same you spend for a couple of souvlaki but the diffirence is that you are eating at a cosy itallian restaurant with great quality of food

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC
“Delicious freshly made pasta worth hunting down”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After a long day touring and a failed attempt to find our intended restaurant I pulled up the excellent TripAdvisor app on my phone and searched for a nearby Italian restaurant - a quick pizza sounded good. We instead saw this restaurant mentioned and decided to give it a try. I must say it took a bit of finding - it's 'hidden' down a small side street near the Acropolis Metro - but with help from the phone's map we found it. Our intention of a small meal was put aside when we smelled the delicious food and heard it described by the waiter (owner?) - it all sounded great. We were not disappointed - we had three delicious meals with fresh pasta, cheese, meat and sauce, all washed down with cold beer and a large pitcher of cold tap water. I would highly recommend you trying this small winner out.

• Visited June 2013
los angeles
“Excellent Italian food in the heart of Athens”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I wandered by this place, on a little side street near the Acropolis Museum. What a find! Great food and really nice people. And all the pasta is home-made. I was with a friend from Rome, who refuses to eat pasta outside of Italy; he says it's never good enough. But he lived Belpaese. I don't know which of us was more surprised. It's a nice break from the usual fare at Greek restaurants in that area, it's reasonably priced, and a comfortable, simple atmosphere. Really good place.

• Visited May 2013