- VERY clean: the bathroom felt like a hotel, no mildew or foul smells, floors swept daily
- Modern: bunks, sheets, furnishing all IKEA quality which made for great night of sleep
- Location: situated in a nice, quiet neighborhood of Old City Athens just 5-min walk from the bustling Monasteraki Square and 20-min walk from the Acropolis. Nice mix of relaxing and exciting
- Customer focus: I chatted with the owner about his philosophy in opening the hotel (since it was only 6-months old and had already become #1 on TA). He explained that their investment in high quality beds and sheets stemmed from his belief that a good nights sleep is so important when traveling, as a traveler himself.
- is very good (streaming quality) even on the higher floors
- in an effort to save power, the default for their hallways and staircase is darkness and the lights don't turn on til you pass a certain point, which can uncomfortable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Circus is an alternative travelers space for the restless voyager, the escape artist, the acrobat. It's in the heart of Athens, in the hip Psirri neighborhood, beside numerous eateries and watering holes and a short walk from worthwhile sites. City Circus is in a 4-story, restored early 20th century mansion, complete with fresco-ed ceilings, wrought-iron balconies and baroque tiles. We’ve dressed it up with vintage furniture, reclaimed materials, modern design elements and street art by a selection of fresh local talent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your City Circus Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.