““Amazing Tour, Kostas is Exceptional, Highly recommend!””

Athens Walks Tour Company
Book In Advance
More Info
$66.52*
and up
Private Tour: Gourmet Food Walking Tour in Athens
Ranked #2 of 41 Food & Drink in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Athens Walks have a passion about the city of Athens. Our goal is to show you Athens through a locals perspective to experience the sites and the hidden treasures of this city. Our city tours combine 3 aspects; History - Cuisine - Nature. Explore the glorious history of the city, the amazing and healthy Greek cuisine and the natural beauty of Greece.
Dallas, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
““Amazing Tour, Kostas is Exceptional, Highly recommend!””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

After thoroughly researching tour options for our trip to Athens, my wife and I settled on the Athens Walks Food Tour with Kostas.

We have gone on more than a dozen tours / food walks all over the world and can recommend this tour with 100% confidence. Kostas is very personable and his enthusiasm, knowledge and passion for the city really came through. It was like touring the city with a good friend. We walked away with a much better understanding of modern day Athens. We couldn't recommend his services more highly. Worth every penny. Thanks again Kostas!

Visited March 2013
7 Thank Bill F
gas, Owner at Athens Walks Tour Company, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your review.
It was great to meet you. I wish you all the best.
Your sincerely.

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must- do trip if visiting Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

If there is one tour you do whilst visiting Athens it has to be the food tour. It is amazing, all the hidden treasures you would never find on your own. The tour guide makes you feel very comfortable and has a vast knowledge of this beautiful city and what Athens has to offer. Don't miss out book in advance. Thank you for making our trip complete.
Nick and Dee

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Nicos M
Nico thank you very much.
It was lovely to do the Food Tour with Athens Walks.
My warmest Regards to your lovely family.
Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“A perfect way to see more of Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have visited Athens twice before, but during my last visit with my friends, we decided to have a guided tour. Athens is a wonderful destination and it can keep you busy for many days exploring. With this tour company, we were hoping to find those places and hidden corners you won't find when you're out on your own. We were not disappointed!
Our guide was very knowledgeable and passionate about his city and history. He lives in Athens, and clearly knows where to get the best deals and most interesting sights.

On my first day we did the food tour. We visited the meat and the fish market, where I got to taste some raw clams! We had a stop for the best espresso in the city, gazed at the multicoloured vegetables at the markets and tasted some olives. I was taken to stores that spiced up my wildest imagination. Spices, meat delicacies, fresh dairy products... I wish I could take it all home. We also went wine-tasting, olive-oil tasting and even vinegar tasting in another store, a real gem. I bought a lot of products there, honey, oils, vinegars, fava peas... Everything very well wrapped for air travel. The tour got me to places I would never find on my own, and while exploring conversation was always interesting and informative. Our guide was very much interested in our wishes or expectations. It was so much more than a guided tour, we were being led around by someone who took interest in our lives and our expectations. We finished the tour by having the best loukoumades I've ever tasted, enjoying conversation in that typical Greek welcoming way.

On my second day we did the Athens hills tour, another tour I definitely recommend! We started the tour watching the change of the guards at the presidential mansion, where we got more information about the evzones (elite guards) From there a short stroll through the beautiful national gardens. The hill part was not too bad, it doesn't include that steep climbs! Anyone can walk this. We explored the Anafiotika area, which was a hidden gem in the middle of the city. Our guide was very knowledgeable, and told us many stories about the history of the area, including a very moving story about a young evzone who sacrified his life for Greece. The kind of stories you wouldn't hear, unless you have someone knowledgeable and inspired near you. With Athens at our feet, we were fed a delicious spanakopita. No risk your energy levels would get low! The tour was amended, because we passed by a little museum that I have not found open before, and I really wanted to have a look. No problem for our guide, and from city guide he developped into museum guide! This is one of the best things of this tour company, it's flexibility. A tour is fitted perfectly to your specific needs or interests! The tour ends with the most amazing view on the acropolis, seen from Philopapou hill. Definitely the best picture opportunity in the city. Nothing better than enjoying a lovely sparkling wine, enjoying the view with friends around, and a guide who makes sure you get the best out of your time!

Whenever in Athens, for the first time or for return visits, this tour company will get you the best Athens has to offer, custom fit to your interests. I would recommend Athens Walks to all my friends and family, and I will definitely use them again for future visits.

7 Thank Kantaifi77
Dear Floevy
Thank you for your positive review.
I'm glad to join our tours.
Always at your services.
My warmest regards.
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hidden Athens Walking Tour - A must-do tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

A must-do tour in Athens! The tour guide is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and because it is a private tour, can answer all your personal questions about Athens and its history, as well as give an overview of Greek culture and mythology. Skip the large group bus tour and experience this tour.

6 Thank Michele B
gas, Owner at Athens Walks Tour Company, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Michele B
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We are glad you liked Athens Hills Tour.
Thank you too for sharing and upload photos from the tour.

Sincerely
Kostas
Skopje
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A "Must Do" in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

One cannot fully experience Athens until they go on Athens Walks' Food Tour. My half-day foodie tour with my guide and Athens Walks' Manager, Kostas Chatzivasileiou, felt more like an enjoyable stroll with a friend than a guided tour. With his professionalism and friendly demeanor, along with his vast knowledge of this vibrant and complex city, Kostas gave me an unforgettable gastronomic, historical, and cultural lesson. After the tour, Kostas continued to assist me in making my trip to Athens a comfortable and delicious one. I would go on this tour again, not only for the food, but because Kostas and his highly-organized company made me feel very welcomed and comfortable - the true essence of the famous Greek hospitality.

3 Thank DanaeSkopje
Dear DanaeSkopje
Thank you for your good review.
I appreciate it a lot.
We looking forward to see you again.

Best Regards to your husband too.

Sincerely