All reviews rooftop restaurant nice hotel acropolis museum squeezed orange juice roof garden busy road top floor within walking distance great view of the acropolis executive room stayed here for nights main sites convenient location hotel is located plaka district visiting athens nice breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stay in Athens for a few nights eveyr year on my way back from the islands. I chose the Callirhoe this year because of its proximity to the historic center, the reviews and for the roottop restaurant. I enjoyed my stay. My room was well appointed and clean. The beds were comfortable as well. Everything was adequate. The walls are a bit thin though as when the people nearby would come home drunk, I could hear their conversation loud and clear. Yikes. A few different nights I went to the rooftop for a drink. Happy hour is from 6 to 8 pm. This was pleasant. The breakfast in the restaurant off the lobby is 24 euros. This seemed a little crazy. The staff was generally nice and helpful. One night I was looking for an alternative to the hotel dining and the gentleman at the desk gave me concise directions to Koukaki where I found a "skewer bar." Overall, good experience. I would go back.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel is very contemporary, nicely decorated. Small lobby and front desk. WIFI is rooms is always a plus. Room was clean except for carpet which was very dirty. Pillows were very comfy. Bathrobes.The Roof-top Restaurant was very good...great service and food.
The location was not good at all. We stayed here for one night on our way back from Corfu going back to New York. The neighborhood was not nice at all. The hotel is on a very busy, noisy street with a view of nasty looking buildings. We stayed at the Divani Acropolis for 3 nights a week earlier, which was much nicer and centrally located.

Room tip: Choose a room not near the busy street
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Rooms were spacious and comfortable although despite requesting a balcony room we did receive one as there were two tour groups staying at the hotel. The staff were not overly friendly and breakfast was difficult due to the tour groups attempting to have breakfast at the same time. However the hotel is in a great location within walking distance to major attractions and great restaurants. The rooftop restaurant was fantastic - with views of the Acropolis and amazing food it was a great place to spend our last night in Athens.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The service was just okay, but the room was underwhelming - especially for the price! The beds were so cheap and uncomfortable. And the hotel isn't near ANYTHING! In fact, the area seemed almost bad. I didn't feel unsafe - It just wasn't worth the amount of money we paid. I Would not recommend this to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank andicheergirl
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel is well-kept and has great rooms and helpful staff. However, it has an absolutely terrible "view" of the Acropolis on its roof. We picked this hotel in hopes of being able to see the few classic structures around the city, which the advertised pictures lead you to believe this hotel has in spades. We went to the roof top restaurant only to find a bar and its rack of liquor exactly in view of the Acropolis. The only way to see it would be to sit at the bar, possibly leaning over in your chair, and squint through the windows that were closed the entire 3-day stay (in the summer...). We later visited 2 more Athenian hotels, both of which had legitimately great views with no obstructions and open roofs, and there really is no comparisson.

Don't stay at this hotel if you want a good view of anything. Their pictures posted are very misleading and it is what caused us to regretfully stay there unable to get a refund.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple