1,171 results
All reviews tudor hall grande bretagne sister hotel syntagma square upgraded to a suite beautiful hotel parliament building sitting room rooftop restaurant classic room adjoining rooms beautiful room front desk staff indoor pool top floor walking distance perfect stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

This is a great location and most things about it are good. However, I had a problem when we checked in - our rooms weren’t available until after 2pm and when we finally got them mine was a great deal smaller than I expected. Very difficult to fit in with my luggage.
I checked with my friend and hers was fine, so I went back to the Concierge and complained only to be fobbed off - something like “I have run out of options”. Disappointing - a small problem for one night but a real drag for 3 nights.
Thankfully my paperwork spelt out the Deluxe size (30-sq.meter) so I went back again and established my room was in the very low 20’s. I made the point that I had paid up-front a very long time ago to get decent rooms - ideally on the same floor. (There was another Deluxe room close to my friend but it was ‘unavailable’).
After a lot of hassling and referring ‘upstairs’ they eventually found me a larger room on a lower floor. Disappointing I had to go through this process.
Be aware that only higher floors (including the nice restaurant) have views of the Acropolis, and some facilities are only available in the sister hotel next door. Overall a very nice hotel combination but expensive.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
King-George-Athens, Manager at King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for your comments after your recent stay at the King George Hotel. We are sorry you were disappointed with the initial room offered however due to the hotel being a historical building the size of our classic and deluxe rooms may vary in square meters. We took the liberty of allocating you in different sized rooms so that you are close to each other and on the same floor as your friend. However, we understand your frustration going through the process of changing rooms and wish it would have been different. On the other hand, it is nice to hear that you find the Hotel overall very nice and enjoyed its central location. Hopefully, you will give the King George another opportunity to host you and experience our true level of services.

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

I personally prefer this hotel than Grand Bretagne. It has more simpler elegance. Interiors are amazing specially the chandeliers. More spacious rooms specially at the standard level. The breakfast area is very beautiful and more suitable for. A luxury hotel. I loved the experience.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2019

This is a 5-star luxury boutique hotel located within walking distance from the many wonderful historical landmarks of Athens. My room was upgraded to a suite. The rooms were clean with enough supplies.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank DrJKC
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Comfortable and exceptional rooms. The room with supreme views of the Acropolis was great. Bed, pillows, and bedding were excellent quality. Breakfast at Tudor Hall Restaurant at the 7-th floor was excellent.
Staff were extra helpful and solved a few of our little needs. High quality service.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank spring402019
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

A true 5 star hotel!
Room, bedding, cleaning, licensing are spectacular !!!
Fab breakfast.
Everyone's attention from the staff from the wonderful breakfast! They are always ready to help and do their best! A beautiful example that should be followed by all the hotel staff.
One of the best 5 star hotels I have ever stayed in!
I recommend!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rafaelbrasil17