2 people are viewing this hotel
LuxuryCollection
$297
Free cancellation until 01/29/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$295
Free cancellation until 01/29/22
Trip.com
$241
Priceline$295
Booking.com$295
Hotels.com$295
1,267 results
All reviews tudor hall grande bretagne syntagma square sister property beautiful hotel rooftop restaurant parliament building outdoor pool deluxe room walking distance shower head an amazing view central location concierge acropolis guard gb
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in June 1st week , and they have made some incorrect charges for Room Service which we never ordered, and I have been sending reminders asking them to correct the same - but they do not seem to respond to my mails at all / I would recommend all guests to be careful when checking out / to correctly check their bills before settlement to avoid such a issue

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anup58
Htl_Grande_Bretagne, Manager at King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay at the King George hotel. Firstly may we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, however, we have not received any such email. Would you kindly resend it to info.gb@starwoodhotels.com in order to follow up on this important matter. Looking forward to receiving your email.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I quickly write to thank the King George Athens for two reasons: I travel all over Europe for work and I must say I received here the best service I could expect

- First: I jsut stayed there for one night and I was upgraded to a Grand Suite - one of the best hotel rooms I have been to.
- Second (the truly remarkable one): my travel agency made a mistake and booked the subsequent two nights (different reservation code) both here and at another hotel in Athens; unaware of that, I just went to the other hotel in the evening, finding out the mistake. The concierge at King George were so kind to forfeit my reservation without any charge - something I almost never observed.

I had never been to King George before, but if I come to Athens again for work or leisure, it will now be my first choice.

Thanks

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank simo2512
Reviewed June 30, 2014

As a platinium member, I had an upgrade to Junior suite, which was nice but the room was pretty dark. Although we spend most of our weekend out of the room, I would not stay in such a room next time or for a longer stay. The perfect location and the beautiful terrace makes the hotel unique. However our experience in the spa area on sunday morning was really disappointing. The concierge was kind but not that knowledgeable, for instance booking a Segway tour in the city was a challange.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Htl_Grande_Bretagne, Manager at King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing your feedback after your recent stay at the King George hotel. We were disappointed after reading about your negative experience and for that we would like to sincerely apologize. The service you described is certainly not in line with the Luxury Collection standards normally offered and your comments have been discussed with the Spa Manager & Front Office Manager in order to avoid such incidents in the future. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a next visit to Athens.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed here in 2 rooms and both were overlooking the square. The hotel rooms were very nice but the best part is the location of this hotel. It is right across the parliament, walking distance to the Panathenaic Stadium and the Acropolis and the Plaka district.

The restaurant on the top floor was excellent - great service and food. You get a fantastic view of the Acropolis from here so I would recommend dinner. The price was reasonable for a hotel of this caliber.

The gym was very small, but you can use the neighboring hotel's gym which I did not use.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank avikas
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Smack dab in the middle of Athens, The King George provides a great base for any trip in Athens. My family's stay was brief (2 nights) but the service we received in this beautiful hotel was beyond our expectations. Make sure you take time to have dinner or a drink in the Tudor restaurant, you will not be disappointed. And the view of the Acropolis is stunning!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank thiel045
Htl_Grande_Bretagne, Manager at King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments after your recent stay at the King George hotel. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Athens.