1,101 results
All reviewstudor hallgrande bretagnesister hotelsyntagma squareupgraded to a suitebeautiful hotelparliament buildingrooftop restaurantsitting roomclassic roomadjoining roomsindoor poolfront desk staffhistoric sitesan upgradeperfect locationtop floor
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I never write reviews, but I thought I should write one on this fantastic hotel. What separates this hotel from others is the helpful and caring staff. The hotel is perfectly located and has all the great amenities any hotel in its class would. We thought the check in was smooth and the customer service was superb. We were upgraded and the guy that checked us in, Josef, actually walked us to our room.
I ended up having a pretty terrible day and needed to go to the hospital. I was pretty ill and the hotel staff called an ambulance and sent someone on their staff to go with me and my husband to the hospital. I never got his name, but he was extremely supportive and helpful and kept my worried husband company. When we finally got back from the hospital, the very concerned staff sent up fruits, desserts, and endless bottles of water free of charge. I am thankful I was in this hotel when it happened because I could not have been in better hands.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jomills
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed graciously and enjoyed excellent service from the moment we arrived. They treated us to an upgraded room, and we were in heaven after seeing the gorgeous remodeled rooms. My boyfriend and I were stoked to see the Moulton Brown products, and we greatly enjoyed the incredible Acropolis view from the Tudor restaurant (and the wonderful serving staff). Should our travels bring us back to Athens, we will certainly be staying at the King George.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Shan B
Htl_Grande_Bretagne, Manager at King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback after your recent stay at the King George Hotel.
We were delighted that you had such an enjoyable time with us and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

From the moment we walked into King George we felt like they valued us. Our luggage was lost coming from JFK to Athens, the lady at the front desk continued to follow up with the airport to make sure our luggage arrived.
The suite was absolutely beautiful with Champagne and flowers awaiting our arrival. Breakfast was served to our room every morning. We could not of asked for a more friendlier in room server.
Location was perfect, you could see the acropolis outside the window. It was a short walk to most attractions.
When we go back to Greece this will be the only hotel we stay at.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dab101238
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the King George at the beginning and end of our honeymoon. Upon our arrival, our room was ready early and was clean and beautiful and had a wonderful view of the Parliament building. We were supposed to have a bottle of champagne and strawberries waiting for us upon our arrival, but because we arrived around 10am they decided to bring it later in the evening. The staff was friendly but not the most helpful when it came to recommendations for places to eat dinner. They gave us three names both times we stayed at the hotel and said otherwise just walk around the Plaka area. Fine but I would have liked some more guidance. They also arranged cars for us from and back to the airport on for our first stay.

On our return trip, due to my Starwood status, we were upgraded to an amazing superior suite. The downside: absolutely no view. The upside: really spacious with a separate living room, beautifully decorated. They also give you a few more included amenities in this suite which was a bottle of local alcohol, bottles of still water and again they gave us a bottle of champagne and strawberries. We did have one issue with the TV in the living room not working but they quickly addressed it. For this trip we did not arrange a car to the airport in advance after the hotel assured us we could just grab one outside for 35 euros. Upon getting to the airport the driver pulled some [--] out and said because the hotel arranged the car it cost extra. The bellman literally put his hand up and hailed the cab, not sure how that changes the fare. I felt annoyed and ripped off but since we were leaving Greece I didn't want it to ruin the end of our trip.

The included breakfast was fantastic and provided good views of the Acropolis. The staff at the restaurant was extremely friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at the King George both at the beginning and end of our recent trip to Greece. The staff was the absolute nicest staff. They went out of their way to prepare for our arrival including arranging an amazing guide for us and arranging for a wheelchair for my daughter who had recently sprained her ankle. The hotel is in a great location. The breakfast on the roof is beautiful and delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family