1,100 results
All reviewstudor hallgrande bretagnesister hotelsyntagma squareupgraded to a suitebeautiful hotelparliament buildingrooftop restaurantsitting roomclassic roomadjoining roomsindoor poolfront desk staffhistoric sitesan upgradeperfect locationtop floor
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I recently stayed here with my fiancé on my 30th birthday tour of Greece. After arriving from the states jet lagged, I found myself in the most beautiful suite overlooking the Greek Parliament and the Acropolis. My aunt who went to Greece every summer for 10 years said that she would only stay at this hotel (this was before I was born!) From what I experienced at this hotel nothing has changed except ownership to Starwood.
Let's start with arrival: I was met by the nicest concierge outside of the hotel who took my fiancé and I to our rooms and checked us in there. She showed us all the features of the room and wrote down names of restaurants we should try during our stay (all of which were reasonable and fabulous!) She also informed us that since we arrived on sunday that most museums would be closed monday and she recommended that we do sight seeing the day we arrived and a low key day on monday. She gave us great ideas on where to go shopping!
During the stay: Fresh fruit and flowers were given to us every day. The room's furnishings were old but in excellent condition. The suite was cleaned 2 times daily without fail and was spotless. Every time we arrived back to the hotel, we were both addressed by our last names by all staff members. The bed was spectacular with top notch bedding.
Departure: The next stop was Elounda beach at the Blue palace. My fiancé and I decided to take an earlier flight to Heraklion. The flight was leaving in three hours. I informed the front desk and they made all the arrangements (the room bill and the car). The concierge who checked me in said she recommend that we left the hotel at 7:30-7:45 for a flight at 9:55 due to traffic. This was at 7am that day. We quickly packed our bags and got ready. The car was downstairs waiting for us as was the front desk staff with the bill. I have never in my life had this great service from a hotel. I was blown away by the quality of the people working at the King George. This was the best start to my 30th birthday and will never forget the King George! I will return!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the square and the acropolis on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ZP83
Htl_Grande_Bretagne, Manager at King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments after your recent stay at the King George Hotel. We were delighted to read your positive feedback and are happy that you spent an enjoyable time in Athens and our hotel. May we also take this opportunity to wish you ‘Happy Birthday’. Looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Athens.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Athens is our final destination of our cruise trip, and we decided to explore the city for another 4 days. Our stay at this hotel is very pleasant, they not only gave us an early check-in, but also upgraded our room to a very nice suite. During our stay, the amenities of the hotel was under renovation, so they told us to feel free to enjoy the amenities of the hotel next door. Upon checking out the hotel next door, we then realized it's the legendary Hotel Grande Bretagne. Not to mention how grand the hotel ground is, their pool and spa facility is absolutely amazing and give an ancient Roman bath feel.
During our stay at King George, we found everyone from concierge to chamber maid are all very courteous and friendly. A special thank you goes to Chrysa, we asked her about the direction to a small local restaurant that we found on Tripadviser, she double checked the location on google map couple times to ensure the direction that she drew on the map is correct for us and phone the restaurant to find out if they accept credit card (we were low in cash at the time since both Italy and Greece are quite cash oriented). We truly appreciate her went extra miles to assit us :)
For our suite, it's roomy, luxurious and very clean. The toiletry they provide is Molton Brown, just love the smell of it's Enlivening Toko-Yuzu shower gel and end up bought a big bottle from the nearby Attica department store.
The hotel is situated in a location that is both upscale and central with Syntagma station around the corner and overlooking Syntagma Square. The changing guards at the parliament is merely two minutes walk away, so seeing it was no wait for us.
We would definitely recommend others to stay at this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Htl_Grande_Bretagne, Manager at King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review following your stay at the King George Hotel. It’s truly wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay as we always aim to offer unrivalled service and facilities. We look forward to welcome you back to the King George on your next visit to Athens.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by the concierge in the Grande Bretagne (we wanted a change from dinner at the GB roof top restaurant)

Choose a table on the balcony at the King George and you have a wonderful view of the acropolis.
The menu is not too large with a good selection and the waiters are very knowledgeable in describing the dishes and helping with the wine selection.
We started with three different types of salmon, beautifully presented, I followed with ravioli and hubby followed with fish (sfirida) , all cooked to perfection.

All very classical and we really enjoyed our evening.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed in hotels superior to the George but they tended to be vastly more expensive. I have stayed in hotels where the beds lie as close to heaven as is possible to contemplate, where the bathroom would double as an exotic water theme park and the food is so mouth-wateringly delicious that gluttony is the only sensible course. It merely appears to me that, in the overall scheme of things, the George just provides all these, perhaps while not scaling the same Olympian heights at a very, very much more reasonable price. Breakfast, on the 7th floor with a breathtaking view of the Acropolis is especially recommended. I always feel very comfortable whenever I stay there and strongly advise others to do so

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank James1962186338

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review after your recent stay at the King George Hotel. We were delighted with your warm comments and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We came to Athens in early June. We took the local bus to Syntagma square from the airport. It was the last stop on the bus. We reached the hotel. The lobby was pretty small but we went up to our rooms. We got free Internet because we were Starwood members, and there was excellent service. The hotel was newly remodeled too. They had many different tv stations and the staff helped make an itinerary to see all of athens and delphi in two days!

• Stayed: June 2013