Adonis Hotel
$207
$259
$238
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Acropolis House(Athens)(Great Value!)
$91
Travelocity
Fresh Hotel(Athens)
$1,117
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationsyntagma squarebreakfast roomtouristic arearooftop breakfastrooms are basicstay there againbreakfast staffcentral locationroof barwalking distanceclean hoteltop floormajor sitesgreat view of the acropolismain attractionsmetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a great little hotel with friendly service. After 8 days of touring the Greek islands, I was sick from two 10 hour ferry rides from Santorini (Ferry schedules are erratic and inconvenient). Had to nap a lot, and the staff was kind when I needed hot tea to drink (I brought my own tea bags; they gave me the cup and hot water.

Fabulous little street with art galleries, souvenir shops and restaurants right around the corner! Take the street to the end and you start climbing the Acropolis (12 Euros to go to the windy top)! Walk to the Temple of Zeus! (2 Euros) However, it closed 15 minutes before I arrived (2:45), so I looked over the wall.

From the port of Piraeus, take the train (1.40 Euros) (You can see the train station as it is near the pedestrian bridge) to Monastiraki station. It is a 20 minute walk. Take Mitropoleos Street, passing the big church on your right, continuing to Voulis Str. Turn right onto Voulis Street and follow up the hill. You will see a Parking garage on your right. Adonis Hotel is on the left past that.

Stay AWAY from Omonia train station. Pickpockets.

Hotel Adonis is also two blocks from Syntagma square bus and trains. Go inside the train entrance and find a cute little Greek market selling honey, facial masks, snacks, ouzo and other Greek spirits. Free samples!

Take the X95 bus (5 Euros) to the airport from Syntagma square. It runs 24 hours a day. Buy your ticket at the ticket booth on the sidewalk on the south side of the square. Ride is 40 minutes.

The only think that stunk was the hotel's rooftop bar was closed. It was only open for breakfast.

Stay IN Plaka district to avoid getting robbed.

Room Tip: I wanted a room on the upper floors, but since the Greek ferry schedule changed my arrival time, I took whatever was available to catch up on rest.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just a quick note to say that I've stayed at the Adonis Hotel before while visiting Athens. So I had no hesitation in recommending it to two different sets of friends that have gone and 'are' going. I had kept the hotels info so I called them to book for my friends. They remembered me, were as pleasant as I remembered, and now my friends will be staying at this cute little hotel on it's quiet safe little cobblestoned alleyway right in the Plaka. They had heard me say how close to everything it was, how friendly and caring the reception team of Niko, Giorgio and Spiro were and of course, the nighttime bar/lounge view of the Acropolis was what they wanted.

Room Tip: If you want a room for 3 then you can get up on the 4th floor and see the Acropolis.(However, you may hear the early mornig preparatin for breakfast if a light sleeer) Others are small with no view, but the location, and the morning and evening terrace tavera are stellar with the views of the Acropolis lit up at night. etc.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Fulfilled all my requirements: a comfortable bed and somewhere to keep my things while I go out. Clean and tidy. The view of the city and Parthenon are a nice accompaniment to breakfast. When I return to Athens, I will look to booking here first. Absolute bargain.

1  Thank Adrian L
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Brilliant view of Acropolis from rooftop breakfast bar. Very friendly and helpful staff. Receptionists Stelio and George took great care to ensure we could find restaurants, nightlife, car hire, anything we needed. My first time in Athens but I know I will return to Adonis without hesitation.

1  Thank Md N
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed here as an alternative to the airport hotel because we didn’t have an early morning flight next day.

Arrived and checked into room 101 with nothing but a friendly, helpful welcome and full advice on where to get the best Greek meal in the immediate neighbourhood. 10 points!

Balcony has nice view of the little lane outside and the bathroom was clean and functional. You don’t realise you’re actually minutes away from the noise of Syntagma.

Room 101 is next to the stairwell, so late-night guests may disturb you if you’re a light sleeper. The air conditioning is controlled by the front-desk, but in February this does not pose a problem other than the loud vibration it makes when it’s on, so despite the deep slumber I had in the comfy bed, the dream I was having about fishing for European sea bass in shallow Northern Greek waters included a North Sea oil-rig.

I’d recommend this for the quiet, central location and friendly service at a friendly price (anyone complaining about 38 Euros for two for 1 night in February needs some sort of mental help). It’s only a hop to the bus stop or metro to the airport and near good restaurants, which funnily enough include a selection of Asian ones. Wasabi!

If you don’t need to be at the airport early next day, then this is the place. You’ve got a great price, great food options, and a chance to see the very famous old stones. If you’ve got an early morning flight, then after you’ve weighed everything up, you’d be better off at one of the other places I’ve reviewed nearer the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family