“A shop you must see when visiting Athens”
Review of Olive Tree

Olive Tree
Ranked #5 of 188 Shopping in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Olivetree store,the First OliveWood shop in Athens, is a place where you can admire the Art of the GREEK HANDMADE OLIVEWOOD CARVINGS! Using pieces of olivewood that we collect from all over Greece aged over 500 years old and more,my family and our partners create unique pieces of ART which represent THE GREEK culture.
Fleming Island, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A shop you must see when visiting Athens”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

While on a Royal Caribbean cruise we visited this shop because it was a preferred vendor and recommended by the ship. We were NOT disappointed!! This store was one of the neatest I have ever been inside. The gentleman working in the store was very knowledgeable and passionate about the art of products made from olive wood. We purchased many things for our friends back home and were not disappointed. The prices are very reasonable and the quality exceeded my expectations. They have a wide selection of items at every price point and a large selection of olive oils produced in Greece. Best of all, it is all authentic and made in the country, not imported from other countries.

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle
“Good quality”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Visited this store after reading the great reviews. I was not let down. Purchased a beautiful bowl and a few other smaller items. The owner was very helpful and I feel good knowing the items were of good quality and handmade. Prices were very reasonable. Saw similar items on the islands for almost twice as much.

Visited September 2013
“Fantasy Place.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

i love olive wood very much. However? I could not find such a shop in Greece before. Until my friend told me she saw such a shop on Adrianou street in June. all the items there attract me very much. Really want to pack all of them to Hong Kong. I also ask my husband to there in Sep , bring some items back for me.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very pleasant shop full of quality products”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on a recommendation from Cruise staff.

The chap inside was obviously passionate about his products. There was no pressure to buy, just a wealth of information about the items on display. There were so many lovely bits and pieces we wanted to purchase, but we knew we had limited space in our luggage. What we did buy is fantastic. Each piece is beautifully crafted and performs well.

When we visit again, we will ensure that we have more baggage space.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sean j
Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Respectful and Welcoming”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited the Olive Tree in Athens, an olive wood shop, while on a day trip with a friend. She had been to the shop previously and we were greeted warmly by the owner. He described many of the wood pieces that we were interested in, and took the time help us decide on purchases based on our particular wants/needs. He was extremely helpful in directing us the nearest ATM machine, so that we could pay with cash, rather than having to pay an extra amount for the CC fees. He also directed us along to some other shops down the way, where we would be able to find some of the pieces that we were looking for that he did not have. The craftsmanship of the wood work was excellent, the prices were fair, and most of all the atmosphere was respectful and welcoming. I would highly recommend the shop to any who would be traveling through Athens.

Visited August 2013