Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Reviewed March 12, 2018
N57SMmeganm
Ontario, Canada
via mobile
Great half day tour with Georgia

Reviewed October 19, 2017
Peter B
Sydney, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Athens
from $33.55
from $45.12
from $17.35
from $63.63
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I recently got engaged here in Athens (mount lycabettus) and he hired a professional photographer to capture the moment! The photographer is Dimitris Giouvris Photography (IG: @dgiouvris) and wow! He did a beautiful job. I didn’t know this at the time, but he showed up 45 minutes before we arrived so that he could secure the location my fiancé wanted to propose. We showed up a bit late but that was no problem for him. He had a friend along with him who was able to capture the moment from a hill to provide a more arial view. We had up close photos and arial photos of the proposal. Wow!!!!! Dimitris was able to capture my emotional expressions perfectly. It was so nice to look back on the photos and relive the moment since it was such a blur when it happened. I was over the moon happy with the way the photos turned out. He went home and immediately sent us some to share with our friends and family that day and sent the rest of them back to us the next day. He also offered to do a private engagement photo shoot (free of charge) in Athens a few days later once I could get ready and prepare for it (aka not have make up running down my face!) and it was very windy at mount lycabettus anyways. He provided us a location for a couple days later and gave us quite simply the engagement photo shoot of my dreams. I had some of my own ideas and visions for photo ideas and he made them a reality. He walked us through plaka to give different photo backgrounds and even provided a little history tour along the way.

My fiancé said from the beginning from providing proposal ideas in the area, all the way to getting our engagement photos back, he was just wonderful to work with. And so talented. I have gotten countless feedback on my photos saying how beautiful they are. Photos are important to me and he made everything perfect for this special time in our lives. He is so personable and so very talented. I would HIGHLY recommend him for photography if you’re in Greece and looking for someone affordable, talented, personable, and timely :)

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Brilliant half day tour of Athens with Georgia - enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. We booked this private tour for four of us. The pace of the tour was perfect and Georgia managed to keep it lively and interesting for the whole four hours. Of course, you can't see everything Athens has to offer in half a day, but this tour makes sure you see the highlights (and quite a bit more). At the end of the tour we felt we had really experienced Athens and knew the layout of the city well. We thoroughly recommend this tour and especially Georgia as the guide.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed July 18, 2016

Our party of 5 adults took a 4-hour walking tour from our hotel to the Acropolis, the Temple of Zeus, Presidential Palace, and Parliament - led by Evi from Athens Walking Tours. It was outstanding - Evi was well-versed in Greek history (all 2,500 years of it!), and gave us her cultural insight as a Athens local. She recommended restaurants and other activities, and most importantly - she was receptive to our guidance, preferences, and feedback throughout the tour. I highly recommend Evi and would definitely take another of her tours.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank dhl_atlanta
Reviewed November 16, 2015

My friends, our children(5 &10) and I had the most amazing tour with Georgia for 4 hours. Georgia was professional and knowledgeable, she guided us through the Acropolis, Parthenon, Monastiraki, the changing of the guard and many more delightful sights through Athens. Her detailed history on the city was impressive and above our expectations. Furthermore, her patience to answer all our questions was appreciated, and she even gave us restaurant recommendations for lunch and dinner, which was such a delight we went back each day we were there. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Noni, Monica, Anastasia, Veronica and Meggie

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank Noramary R
Reviewed November 1, 2015

I booked a shore excursion with PK Travel privately. It was a small group tour of 10 people. We just joined in on a tour with other people. We did not know them. The van was waiting for us when we got off the ship and there was a driver and our tour guide Georgia. Georgia was so informative and fun. We got the Acropolis early before all the crowds and the heat. Then we went to the Olympic stadium and the Pantheon. We then had a couple of hours free time in the Plaka. After that Georgia took us to the new Acropolis museum, which was fabulous. I highly recommend this tour company and Georgia was awesome!

Date of experience: September 2015