A for Athens Cocktail Bar

Reviewed 2 days ago
Scarycr
Mexico City, Mexico
via mobile
Great view. Great drinks.

Reviewed 5 days ago

from $31.10
from $79.60
from $25.37
More Info
All reviews monastiraki square rooftop bar nice cocktails roof garden great view of the acropolis top floor excellent service coctails euros greek greece
Reviewed today via mobile

We visited this cocktail bar on the recommendation of a friend. We turned up with reservation on the day and were not particularly warmly greeted, despite being smartly dressed.
When we were shown to our table, the view was fantastic, overlooking the square and up to the Acropolis. It is worth visiting for this alone, but the good news is the food and drink were good too.
Sadly I wouldn’t recommend the waiters..., they were inattentive when were waiting to order and looking in their direction and when I tipped one of them after paying the bill, he just took the money and didn’t say anything. It seems a shame to ruin a wonderful place by having poor manners.
If you wish to visit, go for the view and don’t expect to be treated well.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I like the fact that if you only going for drink and enjoy the view they allow you to get they don't charge anything like other places that we already been... The service was excellent and the drinks WOW I ordered a signature cocktail with leeches and passion fruit... OMG the best that I ever try... They also bring to the table Greek snacks which are free...
Speechless view...

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Awesome rooftop bar and restaurant with incredible view of the Acropolis. All the staff are well trained and personable and the food and drinks are excellent. If you are a traveler visiting Athens then make this a spot you visit.

Reviewed 6 days ago

Do you want to have an amazing view of Acropolis hill while you are having you favorite drink with your beloved ones? There is only one place to get that! A for Athens Cocktail Bar, located on the upper floors of A for Athens hotel downtown Athens, at Monastiraki square!

Reviewed 6 days ago

nice cocktails, breathtaking view, 6th floor in order to admire from top ancient and modern Athens. very good and polite service

Reviewed 1 week ago

Breathtaking view of the Akropolis from this beautiful rooftop. We had not booked, but the waiter was so kind to find us a unique spot at the corner of the terrace, where we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine and the extraordinary view of the lit up Parthenon up in front of us and the bars and people down in Monastiraki square. Our appetizer's price was average, if you want to go there for dinner I suggest you reserve a table. I wish I could go to A for Athens every weekend!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A for Athens was brilliant! Sitting up high and dead center of the Acropolis, you get to dine on delicious food while gazing at an ancient site in picture-perfect conditions.

Originally we saw the restaurant from below and had trouble finding it - it actually sits on top of some apartments. Asking around for help got us to the right place, and once we got there we were only able to sit at the back of the bar in a small couch and table area - reservations were required for at able up front. This was still beautiful and we still had good views of the Acropolis, but sitting behind high-rise tables and crowds of people definitely has a different affect. In short, make a reservation if you're coming mainly for the views!

Our waiter actually helped us out, reserving a table and moving us when he could - so we got to eat without any obstruction to our view! The staff was impeccably friendly and attentive, recommending drinks and dishes and showing hospitality; something I honestly didn't expect from a rooftop cocktail bar.

The food was delicious! I had a truffle pasta while my family all ordered the steak; fresh and perfectly cooked. We were served fresh bread and olives, which were to-die-for. Being that it is a cocktail bar, every one had to order a drink, alcoholic or non, which is understandable. We were even given complimentary "after dinner" shots of a traditional Greek alcohol. It wasn't ouzo, but I'm not quite sure what it was. Not my taste, but the gesture was wonderful; I truly felt immersed in the Greek culture.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the best place for sunset drinks in Athens, with fantastic views of Acropolis, Monastiraki Square and expensive views of the city and mountains beyond. Gets crowded early and the terrace is not very large so not always easy to get a place to sit, but we scored every time, with some wait involved. Very good service too. This was our favorite rooftop bars in Athens, we went three times!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hip and beautiful place with great views, great service, great music, and amazing food. they have pasta from Crete, local wines and creative cocktails.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is situated on roof top and it has a fantastic view of Monastiraki and Parthenon.
Good drinks and food!