“Private tour to Aigae and Pella”

Greece Private Tours
Ranked #20 of 157 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours in Greece, with a Greek taxi/minivan driver & guide
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Private tour to Aigae and Pella”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Being an ancient history buff, and in particular an Alexandrophile, one of my bucket list items has always been to see the sites of Aigae (Vergina) and Pella which are located outside Thessaloniki Greece. I incorporated this into a trip to Istanbul this May. It's a bit remote and off the beaten track so I looked online for someone who did tours to the area. I talked with a couple of companies but the people at Greece Private Day Tours had just the package i was looking for at a great price. My driver, Dimos, picked me up promptly at the hotel. He was a very pleasant character and great company on the tour. He catered to all my requests for the day and spoke English. I can honestly say that of my two and a half week vacation, this was my favorite day. The car was very comfortable and well maintained. I'd highly recommend the services of Greece Private Day Tours.

7 Thank JamesC33020

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent times two!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I highly recommend Greece Taxi Private tours! During my two week stay in a Greece I used them twice. The first was a half day tour to Sounio, the Temple of Poseidon with a group friends before we took off sailing the Greek isles for a week. A very scenic drive along the beautiful coast line of southern Greece. Our tour guide spoke wonderful English and our bus driver was excellent. We stopped for a wonderful roadside elegant restaurant for a truly Greek lunch on the way back to the marina. The bus was very comfortable and clean.
During my stay in Athens I again used Greece Taxi Private tours for a full Day tour of Athens. This time a tour for two with Visalis. We could not have been any happier! His Mercedes was so clean it made me nervous. Visalis went above and beyond treating us like royalty as he showed us everything in Athens! He will be a friend forever! Visalis and Greece Taxi Private tours will definitely be called on when I return to see Delphi!

7 Thank ellenbaird
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour driver despite all sightseeing spots close”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We arrived Greece on Easter Sunday all tour spots were closed on that day but with our experience and professional tour driver Philippe who successfully converted our holiday full of fun and joy. What's more is the mini bus we booked was extremely comfortable and luxury, our driver dressed so fanny to greet his guests as well. Perfect 5 stars!

7 Thank Kitty M
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked a tour through Eleni at Greece-private.com. We were picked up promptly and had an absolutely brilliant day in Athens. We could not have asked for more. We saw everything in the space of 8 hours and more, ate delicious Greek cuisine and tried the local wine. Wonderful.

6 Thank Claude D
PHL
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Second time that I/we used Greece Taxi”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

In October we booked Greece Taxi and used them three time, from cruise port pick up to Athens Sightseeing tour, including Corinthos Canal and Corinth/Acrocorinth to delivery to airport and were more than happy with this reliable and friendly outfit. I used them once more for airport pick ups, sightseeing and delivery to Piraeus cruise port this April and can only highly recommend Greek Taxi. We had the same driver on both dates and became friends with them. Eleni is doing a really great job and I will definitely use them again when back in Greeceor recommend whenever I can. Reliable, honest, friendly and courteous service - what more can one ask for.Chris E.

Visited April 2013