“Great Location, Awful Cupcakes” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Boise, Idaho, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Location, Awful Cupcakes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was super excited to have my taste of a Greek cupcake!! I had been traveling for almost a month and missed guilty American pleasures such as these. It broke my heart to take my first bite into my reese's peanut butter cupcake and immediately have every ounce of saliva in my mouth completely taken away from me. If anyone has seen Portlandia I will tell you that this place was able to make a cupcake taste like sand without even putting sand in it. I even took a bite of my girlfriends coconut cupcake in a desperate rage to find out if I just failed on my pick, but no such luck, dryyyyy! Also, way too sweet! I love a sweet cupcake but not one that makes me feel like I just dove head first into a bag of sugar. This place is a good location and nothing more. I will search further for a tasty cupcake in Greece. Save yourself the agony you will have by eating at this place. Boo to you Hamptons. You overcharged me (3,20 Euros per cupcake) for a dehydrated piece of sugar. You are false advertisement at its finest.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Tasty coffee break!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Situated in the posh area of Kiffisia, Athens, Hamptons cupacakes is a great addition to the area.
On the back of Pbox eatery, you can find this cozy, cute shop serving freshly made cupakes coffee and tea (for a hefty price), but then again you are in the area surrounded by Gucci, and Valentino stores.

The service polite and prompt has made our visit delightful! And then the cupcakes arrived!!! Ouh my god! Try the red velvet...it's a sin you got to make and forget about the calories (or butter). I would definitely recommend it if you happen to be on the area, although you might have to wait to get a table since it's always packed!

• Visited February 2012