“Great service”
Review of Hermes Hotel

Hermes Hotel
Ranked #15 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed for only 1 night prior to a tour. We would have loved to stay longer. We stayed on the night of January 13, the lady on reception (didn't get a chance to get her name) was wonderful. Very helpful, friendly and sincere.
The location is great. We took the X95 bus from the airport for 5 euro each which stops at Syntagma Square and Hermes Hotel is 5 minutes walk away.
Breakfast was great. Quite a bit of variety and very tasty.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013
Dorina S, General Manager at Hermes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us and that our staff was wonderful.
We really hope that you will come back soon for longer time.

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and wish we could have stayed longer. The room was spacious with large balcony and had everything from comfortable beds, good lighting and large mirror, to marble bathroom with excellent shower and lots of shelves to put things on, and of course very clean.
The location is perfect, central but quiet, with good small traditional tavernas nearby, reception made good recommendations in same street and street opposite.
Breakfast was one of the best we've had in Athens, with friendly helpful staff.
Parking was possible nearby, 10 euros a day. Staff were the best and gave perfect directions on driving to airport.
We will definitely be back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Our excellent room was on the fifth floor, with balcony, at the front I think.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorina S, General Manager at Hermes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive such kind reviews. Our aim is to make our guests’ stay an unforgettable experience and your appreciating comments encourage us to increase our efforts in offering the outmost to our valuable guests.
We look very forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best Wishes for 2013!

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hermes for 3 nights. It is in a great location, easy walking distance to everything, including Syntagma Square. Great restaurants nearby. Try Aspro Alogo, which is only a few meters from the hotel and great value with yummy food. Our room was spacious, with very comfortable beds and fluffy, warm doonas. It was nice and quiet and we slept very well. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Free wifi was great and there is a computer with printer in the lobby (although people tend to sit on it for hours and not give anyone else a go). The lounge area off the lobby is large and comfortable, with free tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day. Buffet breakfast offered a wide variety and was very good. As two females we felt quite safe walking around this neighborhood by ourselves at night. Hotel staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jennyg1965

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you and your friend had a very positive experience by staying in our hotel and that we were able to match your expectations.
We thank you for your time to write on TA and we wish you a healthy 2013 with a lot of travelling.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Yummy breakfast. Concierge level service during breakfast, lovely lady came around to each table, offering straight-forward advice in a kind and concerned way. My son experienced a dental emergency and she located a dentist willing to help us. We accidentally overloaded the electricity trying to charge 4 items from one socket. It was 10 pm our first night, we were plunged in darkness. The desk clerk was gracious and came to our rescue. Yes, the neighborhood felt a little dicey, we arrived on Sunday afternoon and 95% of the shops were closed. When they close, they slide the bars over the front. Graffiti is an art form in Greece. We took the bus to the Square, very easy and amazingly inexpensive. We could've taken the subway but I wanted to see the sights. Once at the square I went into a local deli and asked directions, they recognized the address but not the hotel name. Go if you get a chance. Nice people, great food. I bought a travel purse, the straps could not be cut nor could the fabric be slashed, the zippers had a hook and eye on the end for extra security. During the day, the dogs are all asleep but one night I couldn't sleep so I went down to the first floor for a cup of hot tea and was entertained by a pack of dogs running through the street.

Room Tip: We were upstairs and were able to leave our window open at night. We were three and the extra pullou...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Dorina S, General Manager at Hermes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to read your title and positive comments about the cleanliness, our friendly staff and our buffet breakfast. I am glad we were able to assist with the medical problem of your son.
We thank you again for your time to share your experience on TA and wish you a very happy New Year.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

great place to stay.... close to restaurants, bars... all within walking distance.. 10 minute walk to Metro.... staff was very very nice and helped with any questions..... rooms were clean... a great place to stay... if you only have 1-2 nights in Athens...

Room Tip: higher floor off street... of course is best...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your short visit in Athens.
We really hope to see you again.
Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Putting aside the fact that the location was marvellous, rooms clean and breakfast buffet filling, the staff totally made the place. What a helpful and friendly group of people they are! I stayed for four nights and would definitely not even consider trying on another hotel (at the similar price range) for the next time.

The only negative thing I found was that the walls, at least on the 6th floor, seem to be quite thin or my neighbours were loud with their speaking voices as the sounds came through clearly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lene L
Dorina S, General Manager at Hermes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are all very glad to read that your stay in Athens was so pleasant and that our staff made a marvelous memory. As for your comment on the thin walls I would rather say that the neighborhoods happened to be loud. I am sorry for that. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if coming back to Athens.

Best wishes for 2013!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very, very friendly and kind staff; excellent service; perfect location; towels of a very good quality; rather good breakfast (buffet breakfast with good choice of salty/sweet hot/cold food/drinks). I arrived rather early, 9.30am. Although check-in is after 13h officially, they gave me the room so early in the morning, since there were some empty rooms already at that time. I had to leave hotel next morning at 6.30am, due to early flight. Although breakfast officially starts at 7.00am, you can get some basic breakfast earlier, just announce the reception desk during the previous day. I was offered that possibility. However, I asked if it is possible to have breakfast on the day of my early arrival instead of on the departure day. And they agreed, without any problems!!! It was very kind and made me feel so welcome in the Hermes hotel. They even offered me to have also the basic breakfast on the departure, in addition to the breakfast on the arrival, but it was not necessary for me. Hence, all in all, I would like to thank them for making my one-day stay in Athens more enjoyable by having accommodation in such a pleasant hotel as Hermes!
Biljana, Montenegro

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Biljana S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your one day stay in Athens.
As you have been so pleased, we really hope we will welcome you again in the future.

Best regards and wishes for 2013 from all our staff!