“Good Fish, chips not chunky and no mushy peas!”
Review of Fish Cafe

Fish Cafe
Ranked #435 of 2,476 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Description: Athens Original and Best Fish and Chip Place. Icelandic Cod, Hellenic Potatoes, Cretan Rock Salt and Homemade Tartar Sauce makes up to well delicious sit down or take away meal. Located a stones throw from the Acropolis. Makes this a inexpensive and favorite hang out for travelers and budget conscious foodies. The local wine varieties we stock pair perfectly with our foods try our Nemea reds and whites with your meal. With a large alfresco style sitting area and all major credit cards accepted.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The quality of the fish was good. Portion size sufficient. The batter used was light and fresh. Service very pleasant. On the downside no mushy peas and chips more the French fries varietal. Overall though an excellent choice if you have a fish and chip craving in Greece! Of note too the bar serves draught Guinness! And it's in good condition........

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Easily found near the Acropoli Station, Fish Cafe was a bit of a treat for us as we miss fish and chips English style! We were not disappointed! The fish was very good, the batter was crispy and well cooked and the chips were freshly fried. I opted for a small portion - 3 pieces of fish fillet and plenty of chips for €6, my husband had a large portion - 5 pieces of fish fillet and loads of chips for €9. There is a choice of indoor or heated outdoor seating. The menu had a good selection and seems very competitively priced. No charge for water and no cover charge. Quick and friendly service.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I sought out this café after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and although I enjoyed the food, I could not help comparing the experience to buying a "fish supper", as we say in Scotland. For a start, there is no inside seating which even in Athens is not ideal in February. There are trestle tables outside with heaters but off season it's pretty much self service and even in season I could not imagine lingering over the meal. There is a bar which is part of the complex so maybe that's what you're meant to do. Possible to be recommended for young people not old farts like me!

2  Thank Hardygirl
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The quality of the food here exceded my expectations by a long way. The fish was superb, and great value too (as were the buffalo wings and burgers!)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was in Athens for 3 days and would walk past this cafe each day from my hotel. On our last evening we had dinner here as we were tired and didn't want to venture too far. We shared the seafood platter and it was amazing. All fresh ingredients were used and the flavors were wonderful. Some may think it is out of the way, but it is well worth it! Highly recommend.

3  Thank Bostocks