Byron Hotel
$143
$180
$169
  • Breakfast included
Athens Lotus Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
$105
Travelocity
$207
$181
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop cafeancient athensacropolis museumshower areaperfect locationclear viewgyrosminute walkhelpful with directionsan amazing viewmetro stationwalking distance to acropolisaverage hotelbeds were comfortablesmall roomtavernassights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Location perfect. Owner super nice. Bathrooms smelled, shower tiny (if you are above 180 cm tall and wider than 60 cm it won't fit you). Beds and pillows are hard and old. Rooms are too small. Breakfast is a cup of coffee with one piece of toast and butter. For young travelers who just need a place to crash, it is perfect. For elderly people and families it is a big NO for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Fida T
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Booked online. It was quite cheap for 3 nights; breakfast was indicated as continental and I was not expecting anything complicated from what I had read. But as it was included in the price, it seemed reasonable. My room was at the ground floor. Spartan but clean and I did have a good internet connection which was fine with me. I was able to leave my luggage for a prolong period as my departure was late in the night.
Location is fantastic. 100metres away from the Acropolis Metro Station and practically another 100m from the entry to the temple of Dionysius (at bottom of Acropolis), in the Plaka district.
As said, I got it quite cheap from my point of view so I was happy with what I got.
But if you are looking for something more sophisticated then perhaps one should look elsewhere

Room Tip: I would not bother asking for a view of the Acropolis. You just get out and you get all the views that you want!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Do Not Stay There. This place is AWFUL... we found it online and booked it because It is close to the new acropolis museum, but not worth the nightmare.The staff are very angry and super rude. the rooms are not comfortable, and they made us change rooms twice!! apparently someone wanted our room, made us pack everything and change rooms. Bathrooms are terrible, no internet in the rooms. overall it was a terrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank dina r
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Welcome to a nightmare. Don't stay here! This place is straight out of the movie Hostel. If I hadn't been so tired from my day long travel I would have turned tail and ran after seeing my prison of a dank room, but I just needed to sleep and shower and get some rest... Let's see... Where to start on charting the horror that was hotel Byron... The staff is eternally angry and rude. When I checked in they barked at me that the room wasn't ready and then told me to sit down and wait, which I did. They said it would only be 30 min..The internet worked ok in the lobby so I settled into work so I could stay awake. Over an hour later the grotesquely over-makeuped woman casually passed me and said, your room is ready. I walked into my ground floor room and was horrified to find it had only one tiny window opening up to a pit covered in pigeon poop. The room smelled strongly of mold and there were air freshness everywhere that did not help to mask the smell. The bathroom was a living nightmare, with water still on the floor. When I tried to take a shower the water got over everything and the puddle of rancid water never dried during my whole stay. I have no doubt this room is infested with really toxic mold. It has to be, you can see it in the grout. You can't sit on the toilet without your knees hitting the sink. There were five pieces of decent toilet paper on the roll and one really thin flimsy one ply roll extra ( by the time I had to use the bathroom I just assumed this kind of bait and switch was the mantra of this place... Tempt you with a tiny bit of two ply but give you a roll of raspy industrial trash that will be a pain in your butt). The internet simply does not work in the rooms. Sleeping at night was near to impossible because you can hear every footstep on the stairs next to you and the club music next door until one am. The lock on the door is a joke so I actually moved my bed in front of the door. I got almost no sleep. Breakfast was a joke, four pieces of bread, weak coffee, and packets of jam.. No thanks, I'll go to the cafe. Do Not Stay Here. This place is awful... It is close to the new acropolis museum though, but not worth the nightmarish experience. Use airbnb. Get a better place.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank tuckerwonders
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here on a trip back from Malta, found it easy to get to from the Acropoli Metro station, got in about 9:30 am, and had ' Continental breakfast', well, skip the 5 euro breakfast, its just coffee, a watered down orange juice, and bread with 2 different preserves, but, management cleaned a room, and let me in early, so, a thumbs up for that, there are many places to stay in Athens, and if convenience is what your after, this is a decent sleep, but I agree with a fellow travelors comment, 'I've stayed in better hostels' !!

Room Tip: uhmmm,,,, find another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo