“5* rating excellent service highly recommend”

Timeless Athens Tours
Ranked #7 of 171 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Timeless Athens Tours Greece offering Private Guided Shore excursions, Acropolis sightseeing city tours, Athens Day tours and shore excursions from Piraeus port cruise ships. Guided walking tours, day and multi-day trips to Delphi, Argolis, Peloponesse, Sparta and Greek historical sites. The best and most reliable Athens airport transfers and transportation within Greece.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After reading all the great reviews from others I decided to hire Vassilios Vassalos for a return airport transfer and full day Athens tour. Vassilios was outside of the arrivals area waiting for me. He was very cordial, helpful and full of information about Athens and Greece. I had learned a great deal just from talking to him on my way to the hotel. He had arranged for Petros to pick up the day after for my tour. Petros was absolutely amazing in showing me around Athens. He even provided a bottle of water and high quality Greece guide book as part of my tour. He went through every detail of the sites. He was very professional, kind and accommodating. I had requested to stop at a few places not part of my itinerary and gladly did so without extra fees. He even took me to a street not visited frequently by tourist to watch the change of guards in the parliament area. He even brought me to a restaurant (ta5f, phone no. 2107224242) where the locals go and the food was an absolute delight, authentic and cheap (8 euro for a full plate of orzo with veal, salad, tzatziki, bread and dessert). I highly recommend Petros and AthensTours.GR. They are very honest and professional and provides exceptional service!

2  Thank yorkiebax

Reviewed October 23, 2013

As agreed, our guide Peter (Petros)met us at the Grand Bretagne hotel and showed us as much as humanly possible in the 4 hours we had before boarding our cruise ship in Piraeus. He wasted no time getting us settled in a very comfortable Mercedes and taking us to the Parthenon, giving us specific directions to reach the site and waiting for us below. It is a rigorous and strenuous climb.
We saw the remains of a large temple in town, went to several overlooks of the city (remarkable views) saw the changing of the guard, spent brief moments walking around la Placa area and doing some shopping. Also stopped at the Panthanaeic Stadium, Hadrian's Arch, Zeus' Temple and more. Then off to Piraeus to board the Oceania Nautica----a perfect day in a brief period of time.

2  Thank lnwild
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our guide, Apostolis, was excellent!!! Very knowledgeable, patient and a good driver. We did the extended half day - it was very comprehensive. I would recommend it to everyone!

1  Thank Elaine L
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I had a lovely half day tour along the Athens coast to the Temple of Poseidon. Petros, our guide, was very thoughtful and also described many of the sights that we drove by. The car was comfortable and airconditioned. It was nice to see Athens away from the tourist area. We stopped off at a lovely local bakery on the way back to the cruise port and had the most delicious local biscuits with our coffee. We found the company to be very professional, as we were picked up where we had arranged, and also returned to the port in plenty of time for cruise departure. Thankyou again Petros for an enjoyable, interesting and relaxing day.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

For our tour of September 28, 2013, Vassilios arranged for our tour guide, Petres, to take us on a little different tour -- as we requested. First to the Nemea Wine Country, south of Athens, where we enjoyed a bit of solitude amongst uncrowded ruins to Apollo and Zeus, and a site of some of the first Pan-Hellenic games. A winery tour, (Palivou - YES we bought their sparkling wine.), and the best souvlakia I have ever had. Then back to Athens, and a driving tour, ending at the Acropolis. We chose the private tour, so that we could set the pace and change as the mood arose. I climbed the Acropolis; my wife stayed in the comfort of the car. Petres told us that he had only done the Nemea/Athens tour one other time in ten years. We would recommend it! Petres was wonderful.and most informative. Thank you for arranging Vassilios. Greece was wonderful and an outstanding way to end our trip.

2  Thank VikiandJim