The Stratos Vassilikos was a welcome place to land after a bad hotel in Mykonos. There are many positives - the rooms were clean, the food was good, the staff was friendly, and overall we had a great experience. For European hotels, which definitely don't have the comforts of the states, this was a higher end property in my opinion. Don't let the fabric walls in the lobby throw you off when you first walk in - really, fabric walls.
The only two critiques are: it is located about half a mile from the nearest metro, but a walk is always a good thing. The wifi is weak at best. This hotel is located in a residential area, so there are no restaurants, bars, or tourist activities of any kind. You will have to take the metro one stop to Syntagma Square to access the Plaka.
Metro tip from this hotel. To go to the action, go towards "Egaleo" and get off at Syntagma Square, or change lines later to go to the Acropolis. To get back to the Stratos, go towards "Airport" and get off at Megaro Missikis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new, unconventional proposal for those who seek something different in the center of Athens is the fully renovated hotel STRATOS VASSILIKOS. In the intensity of impressionism and hyperrealism, the totally renovated hotel unit is now in position to offer to the guest the emotional uplift and euphoria in combination with the coverage of his demands, in a place that combines harmonically the floral style with the frugality and relaxing mood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stratos Vassilikos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airotel Stratos Vassilikos Athens
- Airotel Stratos Vassilikos Hotel Athens