“Very good location!”
Review of Airotel Parthenon

Airotel Parthenon
Ranked #47 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel, nice friendly staff, the breakfast was good and with a lot of variety.

The Hotel is in a great location, many restaurants and shops right around the corner!
I would stay here again if I every return to Athens.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,537)

Reviewed October 29, 2013

What a pleasant place to stay! with excellent location that is within walking distance of the main attractions and very close to tourist transportation; very friendly and helpful staff with nice clean rooms and a very nice full breakfast. We would recommend it to our relatives and friend.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great hotel, but I'll prose this based on what I thought was helpful from others:

Location - Right next to the Parthenon entrance. Great restaurants right in the area. After a day of sight-seeing, it was so nice to have a variety of restaurants and shops so close-by. Metro station just footsteps away. You can easily reach the hotel from the airport via metro (although you may need to ask the shop owners there for Makri street).

Hotel/Room: Room felt spacious for two. It's a bit plain, but it was very clean and very safe, which matters to me more.

Staff: Incredibly nice and helpful. The guy who works the evening shift in particular was so helpful, especially when I was trying to plan my Delphi trip. The hotel will arrange a taxi at no cost, if needed. Reception desk open 24 hours.

Breakfast: Good continental breakfast, with plenty of traditional Greek food items as well.

Overall, I highly recommend it - convenient, clean, safe, with a great staff. The hotel location itself is great value for your money.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Loved the location, the morning buffet and most of all the staff. I left my jewelry in the room safe and called the hotel the next day. The staff immediately ran up to the room, retrieved by jewelry bag with jewelry in it and kept it safe until I was back home to make the necessary arrangements to have it shipped back. It arrived home safe and sound. The rooms were clean and large enough with a small balcony to have some fresh air. The location was fantastic, close to everything: museums, restaurants, subway, the Parthenon, the acropolis, etc. etc... If we are lucky enough to return to Athens we will definitely stay there again. Do check the rates as they are all over the place on the various internet sites.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel mid of October for a 2-nights lay-over in Athens. They gave us a room on the 5th floor with a balcony of almost the size of the actual room! (Ask for room on this floor - it's worth it).
The room was perfectly cleaned and prepared and all the staff we met was very friendly and always helpful. Breakfast has a above average sized buffet and the hotel offers free wireless internet in the rooms and public areas.

The location of the hotel is just perfect, having Acropolis, the new Acropolis Museum and beautiful small streets packed with small restaurants, shops and street musicians literally in front of the door. Walking to Monastiraki Square takes less than 15 min and Taxis are easily available.

We definitely would recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a nice, cheap boutique hotel in a very attractive area of Athens.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor have huge balconies (although no attractive view)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our 3 nite stay is consistent with other comments. The location is excellent for visiting Acropolis Museum, Acrpolis, walking around Plaka; it is on a shaded small street with much less traffic than abounds in Athens. We were moved here after complaining about another hotel. Athens seems to over rate the stars on its hotels. This is closer to a 3 star than 4 for US standards, because of the mould present in our bathroom as well and hole in door of bathroom. Nevertheless, it is clean, nice linen, bedspreads, furniture., and a whole lot better than the so- called three star I had picked out on Internet that turned out to be terrible. The service is excellent and we appreciated the suggestions for dinner. Do go to Psarros for dinner- this was best atmosphere and food of our trip and was recommended by hotel. Very walkable from hotel.
The breakfast buffet was plentiful. Staff very helpful. There are large public spaces on first floor, rooms adequate size. We especially appreciated small balcony in our room.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room with balcony- the hotel is embedded in a 6 story apartment building residential neig...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

What makes this hotel so special is the proximity to the centre of town - in particular the Acropolis Museum. It is also only about 200m from the Akropolis metro station which meant it was super easy to get out to the airport (about 50 mins - make sure you time it right though, as the trains only run to the airport every 30 mins, from Syndagma). The photos on the hotel website make it look a LOT more glam than it is, as it is actually a bit grubby round the edges! The painted part of my bathroom wall (ie. above the tiles but below the ceiling) was all mouldy and it is a bit noisy as it is in a residential street and there were generally quite a few people clattering around. Didn't bother me as I wear ear plugs. Dinner (we had a group meal) was almost dauntingly large in terms of portion sizes, and was average/good rather than fantastic. However, the location is very good, the service was really sweet and helpful - as it was across Greece and I would recommend it for someone on a budget. I stayed on a group tour so didn't get to choose the location but I gather it is a big favourite with groups as its location is so good. It may also be more reasonably priced than the other hotels on my trip so I shouldn't ungenerously compare apples with pears. Rooms were a bit small but were still fine. To its credit it was the only one of our 5 hotels to have a kettle, tea, coffee and cups in the room - yay! If I come back with my husband I shall try for the Grande Bretagne!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo