“Simple & Clean with a Prime Location!”
Review of Arethusa Hotel

Arethusa Hotel
Ranked #74 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed here twice, on either end of a month long stay in Greece. And both times I had no complaints about the hotel. Yes, it is simple and not luxury, but I always found it clean and accommodating. The front staff were very nice, and on more than one occasion I had the elevator door opened for me by someone working there.

The rooms are small, but with plenty of space to move and open doors, not cramped at all. The beds were comfortable and warm. In fact the air conditioner worked quite well both times I was there, and I was never too hot or too cold. There is a shortage of plug sockets that are available, I only had one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom, and that required unplugging the fridge.

The complimentary breakfast was much appreciated and a convenient way to start the day rather than going out to find food. There is also a cafe next door and adjoining the hotel, so if you want anything else, or want something later in the day it's close and affordable. I found it very convenient for quick breaks at the hotel midday.

The location is great! Right next to the metro line, easy walking distance to tons of shopping and historic sites. It's also within walking distance of the Acropolis, in the area of several great restaurants, and located in the central of the city. I walked to everything I wanted to see while there.

This place is clean, simple and affordable, plus with a location you can't beat. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Athens.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Arethusa Hotel

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Arethusa hotel is in a great location for sightseeing - close to public transport and the hop-on-hop-off bus which we used. As for the hotel, I think 'dated' is a good word. It could do with a revamp and an upgrade to the amenities and new blankets that aren't stained. One of the two locks on the door didn't work. We originally couldn't get the air-con working (and that made us furious!!) but after a call to reception they sent someone up who changed the knobs to a position we would never have thought of an it worked! The aircon was quite cold in fact once it was going. Had to keep the curtains shut for privacy most of the time as we faced an office block of some sort, but as we were out sightseeing most of the time it wasn't an issue. The elevator was quite shocking to me - it was the size of a tiny, tiny cupboard. It seemed to work fine....but I chose to get some exercise and used the stairs instead.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stay for few nights and Change few rooms due to the air conditioning, all the rooms are the same for the air-conditioning not working. If you can avoid this hotel because there are better horels around.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank chewjason
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Arethusa is an old-fashioned but clean hotel with polite, helpful staff and a surprisingly good café bar/restaurant attached. Comfortable bed and pillow! Very convenient for metro, buses and trams and for shopping. As a woman travelling alone I felt very safe here even though it was very close to Syntagma Square and there were a lot of armed police patrolling the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2014

+ + very convenient location, close to main sights, Acropolis, restaurants and shops
+ Breakfast
+ price

- bit outdated but comfortable beds
- parking (thats obvious like in all main cities)

Perfect for a short city trip, it was a good choice

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed with my daughter for one night in this hotel in June 2013 and I can recommend it. Great location to visit Acropolis and other most popular touristic places. Metro station is very near and simply to find. Bus stop for touristic bus with trip on Athens and port Piraeus is exactly few meters from hotel. Great place to do shopping.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I was here on business for 2 nights, having stayed in Omonia last October I kind of knew where I wanted to be so I chose this hotel on location, reviews and price.

Pleasant staff, room ok but hardly any view but I was hardly in yhe room anyway, bed comfy and aircon ok.

Location was perfect just minutes walk from the tourist areas.

Breakfast was more than adequate for an Athens hotel with Hot, cold and pastries available.

Next time I'm in Athens I will try to book this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business