“A nightmare at MAX MARA in KIFISSIA”
Review of Max Mara

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Max Mara
Ranked #162 of 193 Shopping in Athens
corfu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A nightmare at MAX MARA in KIFISSIA”
Reviewed December 11, 2010

From Corfu I went to KIFISSIA at MAX MARA to buy my wedding dress and indeed I bought it. It had to be shorten, so I went to collect it a few days later. And then it is when the nightmare started!!! The dress had a black long stain exactly on the front side !! There was no explaination about what had caused it. Unfortunately it was the only dress i really liked..The manager told she would give it to a professional person to try to clean.
When I went back to the shop the stain had faded , but was still there. The manager offered me a very little discount on that dress and told me that I could have got anohter little discount on a further purchase .
My wedding was after 2 weeks so I did not have tito look somewhere else and that was the dress that I really liked. So I agreed.
But I was not able to get the extra discount that she promised for something I wanted to buy because in all the shop there was nothing size 12 !!!
Then it was time to pay the dress. Done. And here another nightmare!!! The assistant had charged twice the cost of the dress on the credit card!!! And she even did not know how to sort it out, so I had to wait about 30 minutes for an expert to come to fix the problem!!
I thought that what had happened was absurd, but when I went home and I tried again the dress I could not believe what I was looking at!! the edge of the dress was not machine sewed , nor properly sewed!!
I did not want to go back to that shop . what for?? another nightmare??
So I re-sewed the dress on my own.
When I go back to Kifissia I do keep away from that shop. I am scared!
The only positive thing in all this story is that my wedding celebration was beautiful and I married a wonderful person!:)

19 Thank scubignola