“Great Location”
Review of Hera Hotel

Hera Hotel
Ranked #18 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The biggest advantage of staying at this hotel is its location.
Its very near to the Acropolis and a metro station is also at 5 minute walk.
Rooms are comfortable and clean. Most of the rooms have private balconies.
The only cons is, due to its location on the main street, there is always some noise of vehicles, tourists etc.
Hotel staff is very helpful and friendly.
The hotel has a roof top restaurant from where you can get the spectacular view of the Acropolis.. and the view is more amazing at the night...

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms on the upper floors from where you can get a view of the Acropolis from the roo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Chatzilia, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Hera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review.

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again.

Iro Chatzilia

P.S: nice profile picture!!

There are newer reviews for Hera Hotel

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We spent a week at the Hera Hotel in Athens- March 15- 21. The best feature being it’s location. The other nice thing is the great attitude of the people… very friendly and helpful, they helped me resolve an issue with my flight home and booked side trips for us. They arranged for a Taxi to the Airport but the Taxi tried to charge and extra 10 Euros for picking us up at the hotel..he settled for 5 more than the 35 we had been told it would cost.
The room we got is very small, the air-condition did not work and it was too noisy to sleep with the outside door open. The breakfast was just ok but they sent up a breakfast the night before we left when they found out we were leaving very early in the morning while helping me with the flight problem.
We upgraded the room to an Acropolis view and to be Frank, it wasn’t worth it. All in all, I would try another hotel in the vicinity.
We did enjoy the trip to Athens, the three islands we visited and Meteora… just wish we had had more time.. a lot more time...
We took the metro to the Hotel and luckily we had read about the pick-pockets (here on Tripadvisor), because I had moved my wallet to my front pocket and as we were exiting a “group” separated me and my wife and I did catch a woman with her hand in my pocket! She pulled away without my wallet but it was a close call.. too close!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dcguz
Chatzilia, Διευθυντής at Hera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am sorry to read that we didn’t fulfil your expectations. On the other hand I am happy to hear that we assisted you on resolving your flight issues.

Indeed our rooms could be considered small, if you are used to US standards. However, we do offer several room categories, such as small, standard etc. with all sizes mentioned on our site. As far as the air-condition is concerned, we hadn’t turned it on, since March is still winter for us, and we are using heating. Unfortunately our system cannot operate both.

Regarding your comment on our Standard rooms with Acropolis view, I am really shocked, since they are the most wanted rooms. Most of the tips, here at tripadvisor, mention to book the specific room type.

Finally, I am really sorry that you were not satisfied with our hotel. I really hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We booked 2 rooms. the more expensive one had a great view of the Acropolis, fantastic at night but the second room looked on a building. We were comfortable and loved being right across from the new Acropolis museum and a short walk to the Plaka and monastiraki. The breakfast room was lovely and the staff attentive. We parked our car and spent the days wandering around the sights. My only complaint is it was a little expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Anne,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to read that you found our hotel convenient and comfortable.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

One night for business purpose. Lucky enough to be offered a fourth floor room so I culd appreciate the wonderful view of the Acropolis from my balcony.

The location is great just 5 minutes walking from the metro station Acropolis.

The hotel i quite small and simple but anything missing in the room.

Breakfast was the actual week point: basic things and lack of simple croissants.

Staff very helpfull and nice.

Room Tip: I was on the fouth floor and the view was excellent room number 401
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your upgrade to a room with Acropolis view. Indeed the view is very good.
Rregarding your comment on the breakfast, I am surprised to read that you didnt find any croissant, since we always offer them during breakfast time. I assume that there is a logical explanation on the matter.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The location of this hotel is great. However, the rooms aren't that comfortable. The hallways are narrow and the elevator isn't reliable. For what you're paying, the hotel is what you'd expect. But don't expect much more!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ecatsnow

Thank you for your review.

I am really sorry to read your comments . However, I am not exactly sure what was exactly your problem. Hera hotel is a small 38 room, hotel, where each floor has 8 rooms, The size of the hallway is a regular hallway for such size hotel. Additionally, our elevator, never had any problem, so the statement that it is not reliable is not very accurate.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you again.

best regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2014

A very nice hotel in an excellent location, minutes from the Acropolis and museum. Many restaurants close by in the beautiful area of Plaka. In the evening you can take an easy, romantic walk around the Acropolis.
The lobby, breakfast are really pretty and the roof top restaurant has spectacular views. The food is really good.
The room is small, but with two comfy chairs. The bed is hard, but comfortable. The bathroom is small but fine. The quietness of the area was good. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Henny M

Dear Henny,

Thank you for your nice review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hera hotel. Its nice to see that you liked our hotel and restaurnat too!

Hope to see you again,

best regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Hera hotel is located 2 minutes walk from the Acropolis metro station and the new(ish) Acropolis Museum, which everyone visiting Athens will want to see. The location is perfect, and it's an easy walk from there to the Acropolis, Syntagma Square, and most other sights. The hotel was renovated relatively recently, and my room was in good shape. The bathroom was suprisingly large. The "standard" room itself was fine for one person, but (as is so often the case with hotels) maybe a little tight for two. Breakfast was part of the price, and included various warm dishes (eggs, sausages, etc) as well as the usual range. The staff were friendly and everything was meticulously clean. We were there during an unseasonably cold patch, so we did not end up using the roof garden restaurant that everyone likes so much. But overall, what's not to like? I was able to get a 4 nights-for-the-price-of-3 package that brought the night rate to about 60 euros. That's great value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ChrisfromLondon

Dear Chris from London,

Thank you for your nice review!

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hera Hotel.

Hope to see you again, either winter or summer time where you can enjoy our amazing restaurant!