We stayed three nights at the Hera Hotel in June 2013. The hotel is perfectly located near the fantastic Plaka neighborhood, and a very short walk to the Acropolis museum and Acropolis hill. The service, location, and breakfast were all great, but we did encounter a few hiccups during our stay.
- the bathtubs have no drain stop - when we inquired about getting one, the front desk said they had purposely removed them from all of the rooms. Have never heard of this before!
- we had an Acropolis view room for the last two nights of our stay, but you need to actually go out onto your balcony and turn to the right to see the view - there is NO VIEW from the rooms. as the rooms all face the same direction, I would assume this is true for all the "view" rooms.
- the free wifi was spotty at best.
On the bright side, the roof top bar has a fantastic view of the Acropolis and is where you want to be at sunset!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hera Hotel welcomes its guests with the genuine warmth of definitive hospitality, combined with an impeccable service, comfort and the exceptional atmosphere of a boutique hotel.Conveniently located right at the foot of the Acropolis hill, the new Acropolis Museum and next to the interconnected archeological sites. Hera Hotel offers a unique opportunity to the visitor to enjoy an excellent stay at the hotel, right into the heart of the old Athens and to traverse through ancient times by strolling through the historic center of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hera Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hera Hotel Athens