“Excellent Location, Good Hospitality and total Value-for-Money”
Review of Hera Hotel

Hera Hotel
Ranked #18 of 284 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed here on our honeymoon and spent 4 nights in a lovely room with a balcony that offers a spectacular view of the Acropolis. The hotel is very close to the Plaka and also to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum.

The location is unbelievable, the hotel staff warm and friendly and the price just right! Its a great boutique hotel with all the amenities of a 4-star hotel!

Highly recommended is the restaurant on the rooftop. It has a good selection of wines, a concise but superb menu and a great view of the Acropolis.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 4th and 5th floor are the best since their balconies offer a view of the Acropolis
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Just got back from Athens and had a great time at the Hera Hotel. What a great treat. The hotel is just blocks from the Acropolis and the Plaka area. The hotel is very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. In fact, Elaina knew that we were celebrating our anniversary and put us in a mini-suite. When we walked out on our terrace, we had a perfect view of the entire Acropolis. Amazing.
We also had dinner on the rooftop restaurant. More pleasant surprises. The food was delicious, very reasonably priced and again had an incredible view of the Acropolis.
Great hotel, great location and great value!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is an Athens city hotel in the acropolis area. Most people don't want to stay in the city of Athens for long but for when you are there seeing the sights this is a great hotel. We found the service fantastic. The spaces clean and what was promised. And the Peacock Restaurant offers a fantastic view and great food.

When we were staying at another hotel that was horrible, we continued to call this hotel for their conceirge services out of desparation and they helped us without question every time. I highly suggest this hotel for your time in Athens proper.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2011

During a five week trip to Greece, I stayed at the Hera Hotel on three separate occasions in June and July, 2011. I chose the Hera Hotel based on the good reviews I had read when I was planning my trip and because of its great location – the hotel is within easy walking distance of the Acropolis, the New Acropolis Museum, and the Plaka. A few months before my departure, however, I noticed a number of negative reviews and became concerned about whether I had made the right choice. Notwithstanding my misgivings, I decided to stick with the Hera, primarily because of its proximity to the Acropolis and, in particular, the New Acropolis Museum, which I was very eager to visit.

As things turned out, I’m extremely glad I chose the Hera; it’s a great hotel and its location is ideal for exploring the historic areas of Athens. I think I’m a reasonably fussy and demanding person but I honestly don’t understand some of the negative comments that the Hera has received in recent reviews. Overall, the hotel seems to be very well maintained and I had virtually no complaints about either my accommodation or the service I received. During the three times I was at the Hera, I stayed in Rooms #506, 308, and 208. I believe that these are three of the smaller rooms in the hotel but, as a solo traveler, I found them to be quite spacious. Of greater importance to me is the fact that all three rooms were exceptionally clean and also very quiet. Only in the final room that I stayed in – Room #208 – did I notice a few spots on the carpet close to the door, but the spots were so insignificant that they are hardly worth mentioning. If I have to complain about anything, it is that the faucets in the bathroom sinks didn’t work particularly well – the water tended to spray out and it was difficult to avoid getting splashed a bit as a consequence. (Regarding how quiet my rooms were, I should note that all three – #506, 308, and 208 – are situated at the back of the hotel and do not face the street.)

I found the service at the Hera to be exceptionally good. The staff at the reception desk were especially helpful and very professional. During my first stay, one of the reception desk staff was even kind enough to loan me one of the hotel’s laptop computers so that I could check my e-mail on the Internet. (I wasn’t traveling with a laptop or smartphone.) The housekeeping staff are also fantastic and do a great job in keeping the rooms clean.

I also recommend the hotel’s rooftop restaurant, the Peacock Restaurant. The view of the Acropolis is spectacular and I thought the food and service was excellent and the prices reasonable.

In short, I think the Hera Hotel offers great value and should be considered by any traveler to Athens looking for good accommodation in an area close to many of the city’s major attractions.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Johannes56
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The hotel is a few steps away from the entrance to the dazzling New Acropolis Museum and a block away from the entrance to the Acropolis itself, on a street with friendly cafes and sidewalk tables. Very tourist friendly.

The hotel is a very nice 3/4 star hotel, with the usual room amenities.

I would like to stress, though, how friendly and reliable the front desk was. They were very cheerful during our stay. But after we left -the country-, we realized we'd left clothes back in the closet. We gave them a call and they were diligent in finding them, well disposed to courier them back home -on the other side of the Atlantic- and even took the trouble of fighting price on the courier service for us, without any indication.

Things like this, make you want to return and recommend such a place,

Best, Gonzalo

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The hotel is in a good location, close to the historical sites. The rooms are basic, dark and unfortunately one of the rooms we stayed in the AC was not working well. It took a few discussions to get them to change room. One of the suite room smelled of smoke from the previous guest and the balcony was not very clean.
The breakfast was not good and absolutely no service. The meats and cheese on the breakfast tray were poor quality.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GrasipBangkok
Reviewed July 9, 2011

While the hotel is centrally located, it falls short of what it promises. The rooms are very small and the AC did not work, the carpet was stained and bathroom was dirty. In short, this hotel does not deliver value for money. I would recommend the Q&B Hotel instead or Electra Palace Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MariannaMiamibeach
Chatzilia, General Manager at Hera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hera Hotel and for sharing your experience.
Please accept my sincere apology for the poor experience you had during your stay. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly for more information, but please know that we do strive to provide the best in service and product everyday. Obviously with your experience we came up well short.
I am disappointed by your perception of the hotel and apologize for your experience. I understand very well the importance of value when traveling.

Best,