“Best way to see Athens in a hurry”

Astron Taxi Transfer & Day Tours
Ranked #16 of 163 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Comfortable transfers, private tours and shore trips inside or outside Athens in affordable prices with comfortable Mercedes cars. English speaking drivers, wi-fi, card payment available.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best way to see Athens in a hurry”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had a brief stopover in Athens which allowed 5 hours to tour the city. Aris from Astron made sure I saw as many sights as possible in my limited time there and also helped me sort out stuff like a local mobile SIM card. Also really impressed that he has wifi and chilled water in his taxi! Helped me get back online straight after landing. My one suggestion: Aris is not allowed by Greek Tourism to enter certain attractions like the church at the top of the Lycabetum and most importantly the Acropolis, where it would have been nice to have a local guide explaining the history and features and showing the best places to take photographs. Would be nice if he had cards or little guides for these monuments to take up with you to give this information.

Visited August 2012
Aris B, Manager at Astron Taxi Transfer & Day Tours, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words.
About entering the sites as you told me and my partners
cannot enter as we are not lisenced tour guiders. But we can
book one, on demand with extra cost.
I hope next summer to see you again and show you more
aspects of Athens and surroundings!
Best Regards

• Greek first
Stuttgart, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Personalized guided Athens tour”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We booked a half day Athens city tour covering the most ancient and historically relevant sights. Our driver Vasillis created a welcoming, personalized atmosphere, professionally explained history by use of 3D images on the built-in Ipad.
Aris, the company owner had a parallel tour and we experienced him very kind and professional as well at some common spots.
We were picked up at the cruise ship port on time with a name plate, easy to find Vasillis.
The car was a well maintained, clean and air-conditioned Mercedes. At the end of the tour, as per our personal preference, we were having a snack at a local simple restaurant which we enjoyed a lot.
The tour/provider is absolutely recommendable.
One suggestion for the tour: Pre-Purchased tickets for the Acropolis would eliminate the need for queuing and would add some extra comfort for the guests.

1 Thank INe0403
Aris B, Manager at Astron Taxi Transfer & Day Tours, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thanks a lot for your kind words for me and Vasilli. We will take your advise seriously and we will try to accomplished it. Next year we hope that we will have you again here to show you aspects of Greece outside Athens.
Prijedor, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Glad I found Astron!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I've been in Athens before and I had trouble with moving around. Aris took me on a one day trip to the archaeological site of Delphi and I can say it was the best choice I could make. It was in a comfortable air-conditioned car and with Aris, who is very well informed and can give you a tour around. I would recommend it to anyone, because you can organize your stay the way you like and not depend on buses and tours. I can't wait to go back and visit a few more places I want. Hope I helped you and have a good time!

Visited July 2012
Aris B, Manager at Astron Taxi Transfer & Day Tours, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Hvala!
Thanks a million mrs Dragana for your kind words. I hope that we will see you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent service and professionalism”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

While visiting Greece on vacation this summer, our driver, Ari , showed us a variety of sights around Athens. He was inviting, professional, informative and really took the extra care to make sure we had a pleasant time. I highly recommend his services if you need a taxi service in Greece!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank erika m
Aris B, Manager at Astron Taxi Transfer & Day Tours, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you a lot mrs Erika and i hope that you will choose Greece again
for your vacations. Till then have a nice time!!!
avezzano
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent service, the best trip in my life”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was using this taxy company for business purposes many times and i was impressed by their way to work. They are always in time, they allowed me to take airplane even when i thought it was too late. I decided to let them to organize my vacation trip in athens and they arranged everything: the most touristic place to see, nicest restaurant, courtesy and friendship. Everything was excellent and also the price was very good. I strongly suggest to everyone

Visited August 2011