“Magnificent meal and service”
Review of Gostijo

Gostijo
Ranked #11 of 2,509 Restaurants in Athens
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Psirri / Gazi
Description: A journey into Mediterranean flavors in a beautiful setting with a warm and welcoming atmosphere... Looking forward to seeing you!
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Magnificent restaurant. Great service and tasty food. Good prices. Totally recommended to eat hummus.

Gostijo_restaurant, Manager at Gostijo, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear OpenMinded44,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always gratifying to hear that someone has enjoyed his or her experience at our restaurant.

All the best,

Nehama Hendel, manager

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Very delicious food and accommodating staff. Staff was so sweet and the atmosphere was warm and fun. Also, it's kosher food too!

Dear Rob P,

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food, the service and the warm atmosphere. We hope to see you again soon!

All the best,

Nehama Hendel, manager

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Loved this place.
Super cute outdoor environment with little tables and some plants around the sides.

Waitress was so sweet. Explained all the dishes patiently (we had lots of questions).

The hostess is amazing!
Such a fun, friendly and inviting woman. She came to our table a few times to make sure all was ok and to ask if we needed any touring assistance. We did, and she was extremely helpful!

The food arrived at our table in a very timely manner and it was very tasty and enjoyable.

There were a lot of people in the restaurant and still we had wonderful service even though It was busy.

Highly recommended!
Will definitely return.

Side note - beautiful bathrooms :)

Gostijo_restaurant, Manager at Gostijo, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear CeeEeeTee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your complimentary review.

We are very happy you had a good experience with us and that you are ready to come back for more delicious food and great service in a welcoming beautiful environment, including the bathroom :).

Looking forward to serving you again,

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Lovely hostess with a slightly confused story (she was from Israel but her father was originally from the Peloponese in the South, no wait, it was from Preveza in northern Greece) but nonetheless very pleasant and unquestionably the best aspect of the restaurant. By any measure the food was, at best, mediocre. The restaurant was completely empty, the tables were full of the past diner's remains which had not been cleared and the reviews on TA (the reason we went) are simply bewildering. The waitress was super pleasant and did a good job but I defy anyone to explain in a simple sentence why this place has the ratings it has. The 'garden' (surely a surreal joke) was actually a stairwell surrounded by green boarding. There was one lone olive tree by the staircase. We arrived thinking it might just be a bad evening for them, on a Tuesday at 21.30 (early for Athens) but aside from two slightly squiffy ladies who arrived at 11 we were literally the only people there. I had to go to the kitchen twice to get some service and the whole experience was utterly strange. Mediocre food, served by a super pleasant girl who knew the dishes by numbers...

I am prepared to believe that some of the other reports were genuine. But they are so completely detached from the reality we experienced this evening that I am bemused. I kept thinking there would be some fun aspect that would emerge but it didn't. Don't go if unless your idea of a fun night out is staring at strange green boardings by yourself and eating food which would never, in and of itself, make you want to return there.

I wanted to write a good review when I eventually met the hostess - who by her own admission had not noticed us coming in to an empty restaurant - I really did, as I liked her. The restaurant however, would be harder to like.

4  Thank Nic C

Dear Nic,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We take our customer's feedback very seriously and try to correct any mistakes we make (which inevitably happen in the hospitality business).

We strive to give a memorable experience to all our visitors, starting from attractive environment, warm welcome, friendly and personalized service, not forgetting delicious food, and we are sorry we did not live up to your expectations.

I'm glad you enjoyed our hostess and warm welcome, which is one of the things we pride ourselves on. In our menu, the names of the plates are in ladino (judeo-spanish), and since we get visitors from many countries which order in many languages (the menu is printed in 4 different languages), we also use numbers for the dishes in order to avoid any confusion.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our food (you don't mention which dishes), and we feel bad you did not bring it to our attention then, when we could have exchanged the dishes to something more to your liking.

We're also sorry you did not like our outside seating area, which people usually find very pleasant with its cozy decor, many plants and olives trees. We also have a very nice and large indoor air-conditioned area which you could have chosen if you didn't like the outdoor seating. It's also unfortunate you came at a time when the restaurant was not so busy - something that is not always predictable.

I hope we are able to offer you a better experience should you come to visit us again,

Reviewed July 16, 2014

As an orthodox jew I only eat kosher. In this lovely restaurant I found kosher food which is quite tasty at the same time. The staff was very kind. When I was experiencing a problem with my credit card the owner was willing to accept my Isreali money.

Dear Meny,

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy you appreciated our kind service, which is one of the elements we pride ourselves on. Come again and send your friends for a kosher AND delicious vacation :)

Regards,