“Excellent Find in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gostijo

Gostijo
Ranked #13 of 3,648 Restaurants in Athens
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Psirri / Gazi
Description: A journey into Mediterranean flavors in a beautiful setting with a warm and welcoming atmosphere... Looking forward to seeing you!
New York
“Excellent Find in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Finding a kosher restaurant in Athens would have been enough of a pleasant surprise, but the food was also amazing. My wife never expected to try moussaka and a gyro, so visiting this great restaurant was one of the highlights of our trip to Athens. Very friendly owners and pleasant dining experience. Short and easy walk from any point in downtown Athens. Recommend it highly for both those who keep kosher and those who do not.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Mechelen, Belgium
“wonderful in every single way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food was delicious. We went to this restaurant for two days. each time I ordered something new and both times I was happily suprised by the richness of flavours.
But the most important thing why you should visit this place, is the hospitality. I've never been to a restaurant that makes you feel like family from the first visit.
So if you want delicous food and meet one of the warmest persons I've ever met. You should go to Gostijo

AUH
“Wonderful, inviting, surprising”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

What a great place. Tucked away in a fascinating part of Psyrri in behind a historic facade is this contemporary modern restaurant. The food is a blend of Spanish and middle eastern and was by the far the most flavoursome and healthy we had in Athens. All home made it was great. We had the babaganous, moussaka, homous, felafel, stuffed peppers finished off with a glorious chocolate soufflé.
Upstairs there is a children's play area that kept my 2 to 13 year olds entertained so we could finish our wine in peace! The service was fabulous all round.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dpe156
Istanbul, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food in special location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Delicious food in a great atmosphere. Very fair prices for very yummy dishes. Had the moussaka and the taboule salad - both tasted amazing!
Don't forget to ask the host about the beautiful lights street right around the corner.
Highly recommended also for people who do not necessary eat kosher!

1 Thank Irena I
Bangkok, Thailand
“Delicious and Inviting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I also am not Jewish or kosher. However, I LOVE food. Gostijo did not disappoint. The food was delicious. Sadly, they were out of the beef (the meat shipment was late), but we had a tasty chicken dish and the best lentils I have had in a very long time. Yum, yum, yum. The owner is a very lovely lady. She is very friendly and has a great sense of humor. (I am sorry; I have forgotten her/your name.) Our waiter was quite attentive. This is one restaurant I would absolutely visit again.